Apparently, Mailwasher v7.12.57 works with wine!

Questions about Wine on Linux
w-user
Level 2
Level 2

Apparently, Mailwasher v7.12.57 works with wine!

Post by w-user »

Due to some changes in the server settings of a mail provider, MailWasher 6.54, the last version I could get to work with wine, could no longer retrieve any emails - at least I haven't found any other IMAP settings that would work.

So, in my despair, I tested the latest version of MailWasher (7.12.57). Much to my surprise and totally against my expectations, this version seems to work. I've tested it with wine v6.4 and v7.0.
The only thing that doesn't work is html view. The program crashes when trying to switch to that view. But considering the fact that until today, none of the versions prior of the re-written program (after v6.54) ever worked, always crash during program start, this is a huge progress.

Copying over the respective folder with all the settings from my last windows system worked also flawlessly. All settings and setups are just as they were when I left windows a few years back.
Considering, that Mailwasher was one of the very few possible no-go programs that might have stopped me from switching to linux in the first place and I begrudgingly settled with v6.54, I'm pretty happy right now and want to spread the news!
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Apparently, Mailwasher v7.12.57 works with wine!

Post by jkfloris »

Thank you for sharing!

If you like, you can also report it on the AppDB.
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... n&iId=1095
This will help other users to find this information easily.
w-user
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Apparently, Mailwasher v7.12.57 works with wine!

Post by w-user »

Does email recovery work for you?

I'm in the process of writing up the test results for the appdb section. On my system, email recovery is indicated as successful, but no recovered email is received by the dedicated email address.
Thanks!

Update: Recovery only works for emails that were sent from the email address to which the recovered emails are sent to... Might be a problem of the email provider rather than Mailwasher.