How to fix "d3d:wined3d_get_flexible_vertex_size..." error

Questions about Wine on Linux
hopperman
Level 2
Level 2

How to fix "d3d:wined3d_get_flexible_vertex_size..." error

Post by hopperman »

I had error using wine staging 6.20. I got following error while inside "The Sims 2" game : since my game runs but it gives below error so graphics are distorted :(

Error is :

010c:fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_flexible_vertex_size Unexpected position mask 0.
010c:fixme:d3d:wined3d_device_process_vertices Output vertex declaration not implemented yet.

What does above error means? Is it :
1. "unexpected position of mask 0"
2. or "unexpected position mask" which is equal to/or get 0?

How can I implement "Output vertex decleration" to winehq, or who can?
hopperman
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How to fix "d3d:wined3d_get_flexible_vertex_size..." error

Post by hopperman »

I found that page about the same error :

https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-b ... 09816.html

But I could not find what will happen to that bug? Is it solved or not? Where can I find its current status?
hopperman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by hopperman »

I used in-game cheats :

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
boolProp enablePostProcessing true

and I got different error :

[b]0118:fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion output 0x3dc5d20, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM stub![/b]

Is this error also related with the same graphics issue?
hopperman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by hopperman »

Ok, I am on it ...

I found page : https://wine-devel.winehq.narkive.com/h ... ertex-size

in there, there is a code for that error. It emerges from file called "... (I do not know what is the beginning folder...) .../dlls/wined3d/device.c"

and , there is an error lines :

switch (fvf & WINED3DFVF_POSITION_MASK)
{
- default: FIXME("Unexpected position mask %#x.\n", d3dvtVertexType & WINED3DFVF_POSITION_MASK);
+ default: FIXME("Unexpected position mask %#x.\n", fvf & WINED3DFVF_POSITION_MASK);
}
By the way in my error line does not included 0 as "0x0" which is the proper output of "%#x"... anyway...

"-" ones should be cleared from code and "+" ones will be added/remained I think... But why they removed "d3dvtVertexType" info from the output? Isn't it important info for error?

So, I think that, " fvf & WINED3DFVF_POSITION_MASK " bitwise operation gives the error I got (which is 0x0)... therefore, I got disturbed vertices of objects... positions are all massed up! "fvf" or "WINED3DFVF_POSITION_MASK" should be zero!

Can someone told me that, how can I print how can I change the position of the starting vertex or get it or change WINED3DFVF_POSITION_MASK to an arbitrary number such as 0x1?

It was just the beginning point ! Maybe someone who knows the source code better than give me a hand on this subject sometime.
:) :)
hopperman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by hopperman »

I hoped that someone looked this error... because I wanted to play Sims2 and my other lots of favourite games in my Linux...
:) So maybe in next spring...