Winearm no audio

Questions about Wine on Linux
isidoro80
Level 2
Level 2

Winearm no audio

Post by isidoro80 »

hi all i have a raspberry 4 with retropie and raspbian desktop lxde. i have installed winearm. in winecfg in the sound card I have tested the sound and I hear the beep. when I launch a game, however, I don't hear any audio. in the desktop system the sound works I can hear music perfectly. I installed the alsa-utils and alsamixer drivers. do you have any suggestions for me to fix the audio in winearm?
isidoro80
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Winearm no audio

Post by isidoro80 »

can anyone tell me how to change the default sound card for sound output when there are multiple putput devices? in the sound card of winecfg I have 3 peripherals: default, headphones and hdmi. I have headphones by default while I would like to set hdmi.
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Winearm no audio

Post by invisible kid »

Just a regular user here. Without knowing the particulars, here are some of my thoughts. On really old systems oss was the default, then alsa was king, and now pulseaudio is unavoidable to use some apps. I am guessing you have at least alsa. The following command(typed in a terminal) should tell you some info:

Code: Select all

alsamixer
Then F2 and F6 might give you some info or let you change the default.
Then there is various config files in various locations that I don't like to think about or deal with unless I have to, but you can probably get a handle on them by googling or maybe a "man alsa" command. asound.cfg in /etc or /usr/share areas and ~/.asound or something like that.

Code: Select all

pavucontrol
will launch a pulseaudio config app if you have that installed