Issues with Bioshock 2 Steam in Wine 1.9.9

Questions about Wine on Linux
pierovera

Issues with Bioshock 2 Steam in Wine 1.9.9

Post by pierovera »

Hey there,

Distro is Arch, if it matters. Ever since I upgraded to 1.9.6 or 1.9.7 I've been having issues with launching Bioshock 2 on Steam, which persist on 1.9.9. I'm running the -dx9 option, using Windows XP as the prefix, glsl shaders disabled. No options have been changed from back when it was running fine. Reinstalling the game did nothing.

I can get the game to the opening credits and all, but when it's supposed to reach the menu, it just stays black and the process needs to be killed. Process shows up like this when I run

Code: Select all

ps aux | grep -i bioshock

piero    14371 84.9  0.0      0     0 ?        Zsl  18:51   0:19 [Bioshock2.exe] <defunct>
Pastebin of Wine's output when the game is run http://pastebin.com/gTW9E4gb

Would appreciate any help.

Thank you.
pierovera

Re: Issues with Bioshock 2 Steam in Wine 1.9.9

Post by pierovera »

It seems I can't edit the post, but I fixed the mpg123 error that wine was spitting. Game still won't launch properly. Output after mpg123 fix: http://pastebin.com/uHtP5vRf
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
I don't know if that's the cause of your problem, but that's another thing you need to fix.
pierovera

Post by pierovera »

dimesio wrote:I don't know if that's the cause of your problem, but that's another thing you need to fix.
That specific issue has been fixed by installing the samba package. The problem with the game still remains unsolved. Thanks for pointing out that error though.