intercept Alt-F2 in winconsole

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
techtonik

intercept Alt-F2 in winconsole

Post by techtonik »

I need to use Alt-F2 shortcut in Far Manager running with wineconsole. But Alt-F2 invokes standard Linux "run command" dialog. How can I intercept the Alt-F2 so that it is processed by Wine application?
dimesio

Re: intercept Alt-F2 in winconsole

Post by dimesio »

techtonik wrote:I need to use Alt-F2 shortcut in Far Manager running with wineconsole. But Alt-F2 invokes standard Linux "run command" dialog. How can I intercept the Alt-F2 so that it is processed by Wine application?
I don't think you can intercept it, but in KDE you can remap the run command to something else.
techtonik

Post by techtonik »

dimesio wrote:
techtonik wrote:I need to use Alt-F2 shortcut in Far Manager running with wineconsole. But Alt-F2 invokes standard Linux "run command" dialog. How can I intercept the Alt-F2 so that it is processed by Wine application?
I don't think you can intercept it, but in KDE you can remap the run command to something else.
It is Gnome 3 on Fedora. Is it possible to remap the run command only for current window? Can wineconsole handle that automatically?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

techtonik wrote: It is Gnome 3 on Fedora. Is it possible to remap the run command only for current window?
I doubt it, but ask on the Fedora forum. It's not a Wine question.
techtonik

Post by techtonik »

dimesio wrote:
techtonik wrote: It is Gnome 3 on Fedora. Is it possible to remap the run command only for current window?
I doubt it, but ask on the Fedora forum. It's not a Wine question.
But Wine runs on Linux and I thought that Linux allows its applications gain exclusive access to keyboard input (including special keys). Does it?