Understanding Errors?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Hendrick

Understanding Errors?

Post by Hendrick »

Hi

I'm fairly new to Wine, and I've been trying to figure out exactly why Trillian (Astra, 4.0.0.73) is crashing at startup. This all started to occur when I first enabled the AIM plugin. For those of you who aren't familiar with Trillian, it's a multiclient instant messaging program. The current version, Astra, is in an invite only beta, which I understand, makes troubleshooting it extremely hard.

Anyways, when this text appears is when the program freezes, and ultimately, crashes.

Code: Select all

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x8b0048 "heap.c: HEAP.critSection" wait timed out in thread 001d, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x8b0048 "heap.c: HEAP.critSection" wait timed out in thread 0010, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7efec6a4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0027, blocked by 0010, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7efec6a4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0026, blocked by 0010, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x8b0048 "heap.c: HEAP.critSection" wait timed out in thread 002a, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x8b0048 "heap.c: HEAP.critSection" wait timed out in thread 0020, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x8b0048 "heap.c: HEAP.critSection" wait timed out in thread 001d, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7c38b208 "?" wait timed out in thread 0027, blocked by 0020, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7efec6a4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0010, blocked by 0027, retrying (60 sec)
Killed
If anyone could help me understand this, or point me to a place where I can read more information on this, it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks..
austin987
Wine Developer
Wine Developer

Post by austin987 »

What version of wine is this?
Hendrick

Post by Hendrick »

The latest, 0.9.56.
austin987
Wine Developer
Wine Developer

Post by austin987 »

Please file a bug at http://bugs.winehq.org
Hendrick

Post by Hendrick »

Yah, but I'm trying to understand what the error is, so the bug report is as helpful as it can be.
vitamin

Re: Understanding Errors?

Post by vitamin »

Hendrick wrote:Yah, but I'm trying to understand what the error is, so the bug report is as helpful as it can be.
In short - two or more threads are deadlocked. Most likely one of them crashed holding system critical section(s).

When you submit bug don't guess what the cause is. State what is your problem. It's up to developers to figure out the reason. Just describe what you doing, how you doing it. Attach complete terminal output as-is, including the complete command you used to start your program.

Also don't forget to remove/rename ~/.wine directory and reinstall your program with newest Wine version. If you still having problems - open bug.
FatButtLarry
Level 3
Level 3

Understanding Errors?

Post by FatButtLarry »

Hendrick,

Is there a specific function of Trillian you need in Linux? There's quite a
few multi-protocol clients out for Linux that will work out-of-the-box.

-Tres

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:24 PM, vitamin <[email protected]> wrote:
Hendrick wrote:
Yah, but I'm trying to understand what the error is, so the bug report
is as helpful as it can be.

In short - two or more threads are deadlocked. Most likely one of them
crashed holding system critical section(s).

When you submit bug don't guess what the cause is. State what is your
problem. It's up to developers to figure out the reason. Just describe what
you doing, how you doing it. Attach complete terminal output as-is,
including the complete command you used to start your program.

Also don't forget to remove/rename ~/.wine directory and reinstall your
program with newest Wine version. If you still having problems - open bug.

--
- [email protected]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-us ... chment.htm