conquer online and direct3d

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i still have stuck n loading screen problwm even i redownloaded the gae and reinstalled it what to do now

they didnt help me at their help cetre
Sven
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sven »

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=4055

Did you copy those dlls found in the HOWTO BEFORE ever starting the game, and are you using a virtual desktop?

Just stating the obvious, but maybe it helps :P
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i will do that but could it be dll problem maybe because the game is warking

fine on ubuntu
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

sorry for the last post
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i made what did you say but still the problem
jorl17
Level 5
Level 5

Post by jorl17 »

sunshine1 wrote:i made what did you say but still the problem
So, recaping, after reading Sven's post you removed the game, purged ~/.wine and followed the howto line by line, right? If not...that's the way to go.
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

jorl17 wrote:
sunshine1 wrote:i made what did you say but still the problem
So, recaping, after reading Sven's post you removed the game, purged ~/.wine and followed the howto line by line, right? If not...that's the way to go.
i followed it but without fonts i dont need them
Sven
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sven »

Just try to file a bug then, if you're sure that you did everything right. It might be a regression, a bug that occured since a never version of the game, or still some mistake from your side.

And reading the stuff in the appdb, it seems like it's not going to work properly anyway. So I guess your mission is hopeless anyway...
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

Sven wrote:Just try to file a bug then, if you're sure that you did everything right. It might be a regression, a bug that occured since a never version of the game, or still some mistake from your side.

And reading the stuff in the appdb, it seems like it's not going to work properly anyway. So I guess your mission is hopeless anyway...
thanks for making me more dispointed
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=518988 see here

its not me only who had this problem i asked thier hel desk they told me that the problem is in my system (ubuntu 9.04)

i think they are right becouse the game is working fine in xp

any ideas
Sven
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sven »

They probably say it's your system because they don't know anything about wine, and think: "Our game doesn't run under linux."

Anyway. Since more people are experiencing the exact same problem under windows (not linux/OS X) this is more likely a bug from their side than a bug in wine. So you'd probably start bugging the people from your game instead of the people here. They can obviously help you a lot better if they're the ones responsible for the bug. And in the mean time, I guess you'll have to use windows to run the game.
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

Sven wrote:They probably say it's your system because they don't know anything about wine, and think: "Our game doesn't run under linux."

Anyway. Since more people are experiencing the exact same problem under windows (not linux/OS X) this is more likely a bug from their side than a bug in wine. So you'd probably start bugging the people from your game instead of the people here. They can obviously help you a lot better if they're the ones responsible for the bug. And in the mean time, I guess you'll have to use windows to run the game.
oh no big problem
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

I dont know if this will help any1 but I seem to have fixed my problem it was apparently the color settings on my computer... it was set at 32 bit & co runs in 16 only =( i changed it to 16 bit color mode and it loggs in perfectly now =S just to let u guys know it might help sum1 else =)

this thing how to do it on ubuntu
jorl17
Level 5
Level 5

Post by jorl17 »

sunshine1 wrote:I dont know if this will help any1 but I seem to have fixed my problem it was apparently the color settings on my computer... it was set at 32 bit & co runs in 16 only =( i changed it to 16 bit color mode and it loggs in perfectly now =S just to let u guys know it might help sum1 else =)

Glad you did it...still odd that a recent game only runs with 16-bit color, but that's nice.

*If* you do not want to limit all of your computer, you can google something about "X Servers". That way, you will be able to create a different X server to play your game in and manually set the resolution to 16-bit. SO you will end up with two X servers -- One, the main, at 32-bit (if you wish) and the other at 16-bit, whenever you need to play it. I use this solution all the time, but someone might have a better suggestion.
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

jorl17 wrote:
sunshine1 wrote:I dont know if this will help any1 but I seem to have fixed my problem it was apparently the color settings on my computer... it was set at 32 bit & co runs in 16 only =( i changed it to 16 bit color mode and it loggs in perfectly now =S just to let u guys know it might help sum1 else =)

Glad you did it...still odd that a recent game only runs with 16-bit color, but that's nice.

*If* you do not want to limit all of your computer, you can google something about "X Servers". That way, you will be able to create a different X server to play your game in and manually set the resolution to 16-bit. SO you will end up with two X servers -- One, the main, at 32-bit (if you wish) and the other at 16-bit, whenever you need to play it. I use this solution all the time, but someone might have a better suggestion.
minute you understand me wrong some one typed so i didnt do it
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i cant do this I dont know if this will help any1 but I seem to have fixed my problem it was apparently the color settings on my computer... it was set at 32 bit & co runs in 16 only =( i changed it to 16 bit color mode and it loggs in perfectly now =S just to let u guys know it might help sum1 else =)
i didnt do it and i cant do it i think it will help but i cant do it
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i cant do this

((((((("I dont know if this will help any1 but I seem to have fixed my problem it was apparently the color settings on my computer... it was set at 32 bit & co runs in 16 only =( i changed it to 16 bit color mode and it loggs in perfectly now =S just to let u guys know it might help sum1 else =)")))))

i didnt do it and i cant do it i think it will help but i cant do it
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i didnot fixed my problem ok i only want to know how to change color depht

from 32 bit to 16bit on ubuntu
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

sunshine1 wrote:i didnot fixed my problem ok i only want to know how to change color depht

Ask on the Ubuntu forum. That is not a Wine question.
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

dimesio wrote:
sunshine1 wrote:i didnot fixed my problem ok i only want to know how to change color depht

Ask on the Ubuntu forum. That is not a Wine question.
you are again how can i open athread to ask astupid question like that its a question during finding sollutions for the game

it was only suggestion to make the game go well as i said before the game is working very good in xp so please put areply can help me dont make it very hard and thanks for your understanding
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i dont think its abug from them the problem is from me i downloaded arabic version the same stuck point
jorl17
Level 5
Level 5

Post by jorl17 »

Why do you insist on rapid focus changes?

If you had realized the issue was with the 16-bit color depth not being set -- set it. If you don't know how, go ask the Ubuntu forums or whatever appropriate forums, don't come here to say that you will not open a 'stupid thread', that's just wasting net packets.

If it isn't the 16-bit color depth, why isn't it? How did you realize it wasn't? Who cares if it works in XP? XP is XP and Ubuntu is Ubuntu, you've said that it worked in XP before, why re-say it? Do you think that, because it is failing now, we somehow have to fix whatever is broken on your machine?

Is it *THAT* hard to google "Ubuntu change color depth" or "Ubuntu color depth to 16 bit?"????

Could you please,in the next thread, SPECIFY what you did, PRECISELY? Not just saying: "I did that color thing and now it is broken", or something resembling that... Also, think before you post, please, we're ending up with about 4 posts in a row that could be shortened to 1 :)

Oh, once again, if it is not Wine-related, go to the appropriate forum, people in here don't like it. After all, you don't eat water and drink apples...
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

hey calm down man ok i will try that
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

and iam sorry
sunshine1
Level 3