conquer online and direct3d

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

sunshine1 wrote:see that this is the only problem

it stucks here
Are you sure this isn't just a temporary internet connection glitch or overloaded server problem? Have you tried logging into a different server?
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

too many servers the same result
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

jorl17 wrote:
sunshine1 wrote:what are you talking about only give me help

maybe it didnt opened by wine-doors may it opened by winetricks only help
I have been reading this topic for a while and I have to say to you one thing: Please listen to the others.

Simply asking if there is a way to do a URL which points to dozens of different items is not a good way to ask a question. While I am against all radicalist 'neticket' apologists, I believe there must be a set of things that both the one being helped and the one helping must follow.

That applies to insistent, nonsense bumping followed by big bold letters. I also understand that you do not understand much of what you are doing, but, please, even with language barriers, try to ask concise, direct-yet-understandable questions, instead of simply mumbling "give me help".

Now, forgive me for that but I have been seeing too much of that recently around here -- to the topic:

You clearly have no idea whatsoever about what you have been doing (I've been there, so that's not your fault). Wine-doors is not supported in this forum because it is not directly made by the developers of wine (even though some smart-brain decided to name it wine-doors to confuse people).

Whenever something doesn't work you are 'required' by the forums to post console-output. If it is a small output you can paste it here. If it isn't, you can use pastebin or something similar and point 'us' to it. I would advise you to do that.

Secondly, I think you've pretty much fiddled too much with your wine and should try to start from scratch. Uninstall wine-doors and make a backup of your $HOME/.wine folder to keep your settings -- that way you'll probably be conserving the game's definitions that made it 'load'. After backing up that folder, delete it and start wine. From now on you can use winetricks to do whatever you think worked with it (I'm guessing you used winetricks d3dx9 which did...well...'something'.). After that you can try to install the game again. BUT, paste the output FIRST and do this later (if needed).

Also, a bit off-topic:

Using VirtualBox is a peace of cake if you have a valid windows-license-and-cd to install. But it has nothing to do with Wine. You see, VirtualBox emulates a whole computer (it 'pretends' to be a computer), while Wine does not pretend to be a computer -- if it pretends anything is to be Windows, but it doesn't emulate anything, so the two can live without eachother just fine. What VirtualBox does with WineD3D is use it to enable it to run faster with accelerated graphics, but that is still very experimental.

Do understand that wine-doors and PlayOnLinux are not supported here. If you think that Wine-doors helped your application work, go ask in their forums to see if they can help you. You can even point them to this thread to show them relevant information, but do not continue to ask quiestions until you have stopped using wine-doors.

Well, waiting for console output,

Jorl17
do you know what you did to me you made the message appear again after i have done all of this to make it disappear
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

jorl17 wrote:I understand that you may not want to loose the game, but if you did something first, re-do it and get another stop-while-loading progress bar.

I was intending to 'clean' your Wine install so that you could try to calmly think what you will do, forgive me for not stating that.

I see you have already done that and have started to try and install it again. By the way, you could have said that the installer worked, I just re-read the thread and got that it must've worked. :)

To try and provide a better support, I'd advise you to write a text where you report what/how you did anything (for example, when you said you had solved a problem, what did you do?) and why you did that. This might help understand why somethings worked or not and you would only benefit from that. You could also take a closer look at: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... 5&sAllBugs again (I know you have already and it is pretty much the same as what your Ubuntu-guide said).

By the way, I personally think you should use pastebin for such big chunks of text. Simply putting individual chunks on each topic doesn't lessen then ;)
i have installed winetricks then reinstalling my game using wine-doors

any suggestion to get out from this trouble
jorl17
Level 5
Level 5

Post by jorl17 »

Which particular message? What did you exactly do? Where's console output? Where are your manners? Hadn't you got past the loading problem again? Can't you please make everything that is going on clear?
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i did every thing you told me to do exatly i reinstalled the game ,removed

wine-doors and i put what i gained from opening the game from the terminal

and that what i got the same message
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

want the message here is it

thae game canot be started the proplem might be related to your version of direct 3d it suggeted

that you reinstall your graphic driver you can click ok to run dxdiag for details
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

sunshine1 wrote: do you know what you did to me
Nobody "did" anything to you. You are responsible for your own actions.

If you actually followed jorl17's advice (which I seriously doubt, given your abysmal record in following directions prior to this), then you have a backup of your old ~/.wine and can restore the working settings from that. If you didn't, you have no one but yourself to blame.
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

dimesio wrote:
sunshine1 wrote: do you know what you did to me
Nobody "did" anything to you. You are responsible for your own actions.

If you actually followed jorl17's advice (which I seriously doubt, given your abysmal record in following directions prior to this), then you have a backup of your old ~/.wine and can restore the working settings from that. If you didn't, you have no one but yourself to blame.
iam sorry ok now the game is working again but with the stuck problem in the loading screen
jorl17
Level 5
Level 5

Post by jorl17 »

Thank you, I am sure that didn't cost you that much, and it might help the others understand what is going on :)

As to what is directly related to the error I can not help you, but there are people here which are much more skillful than I am and might know what to do.

Once again, thank you, let's see what comes out of this.
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

jorl17 wrote:Thank you, I am sure that didn't cost you that much, and it might help the others understand what is going on :)

As to what is directly related to the error I can not help you, but there are people here which are much more skillful than I am and might know what to do.

Once again, thank you, let's see what comes out of this.
i knew what is the sollution only install winetricks run winetricks from the terminal install every thing about d3d9 and install direct x from there if you dont have i hope this thread will be the place for the people who have the same problem
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

only one thing has changed now fixing the loading screen stuck problem
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i thing its internet problem because it says loging into account server and stucks here but my internet is 100kb/s and the game works with the same fast in xp

i think ubuntu make my internet slower
Sven
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sven »

Are you implying that you actually fixed being stuck on the loading screen, or do you still have to fix this? I fail to understand you there.

And Ubuntu itself shouldn't be able to make your internet slower in any way. Just try downloading something, or run a speedtest if you want to be sure.
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

Sven wrote:Are you implying that you actually fixed being stuck on the loading screen, or do you still have to fix this? I fail to understand you there.

And Ubuntu itself shouldn't be able to make your internet slower in any way. Just try downloading something, or run a speedtest if you want to be sure.
still have to fix this is there something like ping or anything
Martin Gregorie

Post by Martin Gregorie »

On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 17:45 -0500, sunshine1 wrote:
<code>
ping -c 1 servername
telnet servername port # use if server has ping disabled
</code>

If you don't know telnet:

<code>
man telnet
</code>

Martin
jorl17
Level 5
Level 5

Re: conquer online and direct3d

Post by jorl17 »

Martin Gregorie wrote:On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 17:45 -0500, sunshine1 wrote:
<code>
ping -c 1 servername
</code>

<code>
man telnet
</code>

Martin
I would also suggest running a test with the -c option of around 10, to see if there are any faulty modules or hardware failures dropping packets or something similar -- just in case :)
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

a test with the -c option of around 10

how to

<code>
ping -c 1 servername
</code>

<code>
man telnet
</code>

do you mean aname for the server in the game or what (ex:fire,water(server names))
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

it stucks when telling me loding into game server(not account server)
Martin Gregorie

On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 21:24 -0500, sunshine1 wrote:
a test with the -c option of around 10
ping -c 10 servername

I'd have thought that was obvious - AFAIK all ping implementations use
the same options - even the DOS one.

man ping
do you mean aname for the server in the game or what (ex:fire,water(server names))
Of course. What else would the game be trying to connect to?

Martin
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

ahmed@ahmed-desktop:~$
ahmed@ahmed-desktop:~$ ping -c 10 Fire
ping: unknown host Fire
jorl17
Level 5
Level 5

Post by jorl17 »

sunshine1 wrote:ahmed@ahmed-desktop:~$
A hostname isn't given just by that. A hostname is something like xxx.yy or www.xxx.yy or www.xxx.zzz.yyy. For instance:

google.com
winehq.org
reactos.org
openttd.org
php.net

You need to find out what is the hostname of the server you are trying to connect to. After that, you can try the ping command on it. If you *DON'T* know what the hostname is, you can try to directly ping/telnet the ip (Because a host is nothing more than that -- something that redirects to an IP. For instance, if you try to ping winehq.org, you'll see it's IP in between '[' and ']').

By the way, if this *IS* a problem on their side, have you tried searching their forums to see if they're going through some changes or the like? Has someone been experiencing the same kind of issues?
Martin Gregorie

On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 03:48 -0500, sunshine1 wrote:
Are you *sure* 'Fire' is really the name of the server your app is
trying to contact? That seems unlikely since, while that might be the
name of a server on your home network, its certainly not the name of any
server outside your own network on the wider Internet.

Martin
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i dont know any thing about servers names
sunshine1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sunshine1 »

i will ask thier help desk about that