Gamepad calibration? Some bits not working...

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
000dom000
Level 2
Level 2

Gamepad calibration? Some bits not working...

Post by 000dom000 »

Is there a way to calibrate gamepads for wine?

I have managed to get my PS3 sixaxis working, but when I play a game, everything works properly but the analogue stick. If I move it all the way to the right or down, it goes in the opposite direction, respectively. If I move it a little bit the character goes in the correect direction.

Anyone know how I might fix this?
vitamin

Re: Gamepad calibration? Some bits not working...

Post by vitamin »

000dom000 wrote:Is there a way to calibrate gamepads for wine?

I have managed to get my PS3 sixaxis working, but when I play a game, everything works properly but the analogue stick. If I move it all the way to the right or down, it goes in the opposite direction, respectively. If I move it a little bit the character goes in the correect direction.

Anyone know how I might fix this?
No you can't calibrate joystick with Wine. The program using joystick should have this capabilities. The only thing you can set is a default dead-zone for all axis.
000dom000
Level 2
Level 2

Post by 000dom000 »

damn, well I would make directional buttons do the job but for some reason the game (silent hill 2) won't allow it. The option is greyed out. Also I can't make other commands controllable by analogue stick. I guess I will have to live with it for this game. Thanks anyway.
prometh

Post by prometh »

Mac OSX provides no joystick calibration utility. Neither do third-party Mac utilities such as USB Overdrive. I've been unable to find a third-party calibrator for Windows.

I tried replacing Wine's joy.cpl with Microsoft's original. While it displayed in Wine's control.exe window, attempting to open "Game Controllers" had no result.

What other options are there?
prometh

Post by prometh »

I also tried following this dated information: https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-u ... 08527.html
but found no success. Perhaps because I could not find "rundll.lgc" nor "rundll32.lgc".