Out of memory error when changing fonts

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
User_123

Post by User_123 »

Hi, I am having troubles when trying to change the font used in an application (IDA Pro 5.5).

What happens is rather simple. I start the program (wine idag.exe), load an existing db, then select "Options > Font", change any value and press "Apply".

The result is an "Out of memory error" messagebox, and when I press ok, the IDA Pro window is blank (although working - I suppose the font value was left to none or something like this).

Subsequent starts of the program make the program jam completely.

Here is the configuration I am running:

Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 2 Gb Ram, 290 Gb free HD space
Wine: 1.1.29, built using MacPorts (tried building the source from scratch, but there was no difference).

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
James McKenzie

Post by James McKenzie »

User_123 wrote:
Hi, I am having troubles when trying to change the font used in an application (IDA Pro 5.5).

What happens is rather simple. I start the program (wine idag.exe), load an existing db, then select "Options > Font", change any value and press "Apply".

The result is an "Out of memory error" messagebox, and when I press ok, the IDA Pro window is blank (although working - I suppose the font value was left to none or something like this).

Subsequent starts of the program make the program jam completely.

Here is the configuration I am running:

Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 2 Gb Ram, 290 Gb free HD space
Wine: 1.1.29, built using MacPorts (tried building the source from scratch, but there was no difference).

There are major problems with building Wine on Snow Leopard at this
time. Try to find a build that was done on Leopard and then copy it
over and run it. This is one reason that I am not migrating to SL, yet.

James McKenzie