Marble Blast Ultra: I fixed it, but I don't know how?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
jacob.rogers822

Marble Blast Ultra: I fixed it, but I don't know how?

Post by jacob.rogers822 »

Hi all,
I recently installed Marble Blast Ultra PC on my desktop (Fedora 36) and ran into some issues, FPS very low and some keyboard inputs are ignored. Somehow, after poking around, I managed to get it to install with some additional setup window, and now it performs perfectly.
I've spent all day trying to replicate the process on my laptop (same OS) but I can't for the life of me figure out what I did to make it work. I run into the same exact performance issue, and I remember uninstalling and reinstalling the application, wine, and mono msi package, but now every time I run the installer, it doesn't start the additional setup window that made this fascinating wizardry work. It may have something to do with mono runtime, but I'm not certain. I'm definitely missing something critical, hopefully simple.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Jacob
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Marble Blast Ultra: I fixed it, but I don't know how?

Post by jkfloris »

Somehow, after poking around, I managed to get it to install with some additional setup window, and now it performs perfectly.
If these are (various) winetricks, you can find out what you have done in ~/.wine/winetricks.log.

You can also copy the entire wineprefix (the ~/.wine folder ) from your desktop to your laptop.