Windowed mode resolution badly set to overall physical dual monitor resolution

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
aeris

Windowed mode resolution badly set to overall physical dual monitor resolution

Post by aeris »

Hello here!

Some days before, when I start something with the windowed mode in 1600x900, the inner wine desktop resolution was 1600x900 and the application start at 0x0 with a correct 1600x900 resolution.
Now, I have trouble with windowed mode for an unknown reason, the inner wine desktop seems starting at 1600x900 size but with a 3200x900 resolution corresponding to my real physical outer desktop resolution. The application doesn't start at 0x0 but at 1600x900 (primary monitor position) and so is not visible until I resize manually the wine windows.
Does somebody else face this trouble and have any clue about how to fix this behavior?

Here is the result just after the start of an application in windowed mode: https://wtf.roflcopter.fr/pics/FQyukoTK/V3fsSWMM.png
And here after manual resizing, showing the application at the exact position of the start of my second screen: https://wtf.roflcopter.fr/pics/rRFd9Zll/mibrODVU.png
hotfrostworm
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Windowed mode resolution badly set to overall physical dual monitor resolution

Post by hotfrostworm »

I assume Wine version 7.0. I cannot comment about the version yet as I barely ran it before an entirely different issue. However it wasn't giving me any distorted desktop resolutions. I run several older applications in windowed desktop. For example;
wine explorer /desktop=Starcraft,640x480 '/media/userone/partition3/Starcraft/StarCraft.exe'
This game is very old and ran a standard resolution back in the day. As you can imagine, this looks very small on a 1080p monitor, so I also drop my monitor resolution to 800x600 as well. Today I test ran several such scripted apps and they all seemed to work in the desktop aspect. Since I don't dual monitor, I am guessing Wine is having an issue dealing with your custom GPU settings. Maybe you can post some information on the GPU here as well?
aeris

Re: Windowed mode resolution badly set to overall physical dual monitor resolution

Post by aeris »

Yes, it's wine 7.1.
I got the same trouble with your CLI :(
Initial resolution good but game starting on primary monitor place.