adb

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
johnaaronrose
Level 2
Level 2

adb

Post by johnaaronrose »

Has anybody tried to use abd (Android bridge) to link to their phone ? I've placed it in the Program Files (x86) directory. When I tried to run it (with the equivalent of 'adb devices' which runs Ok on my Ubuntu 20.04 box) there was a problem with AdbWinApi.dll being missing. So I downloaded that dll file and put it into C:windows\syswow64. I then tried in Terminal:
wine start /unix "virtualwinedrives/b4x64/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Anywhere Software/Basic4android/adb.exe devices"

Code: Select all

wine start /unix "virtualwinedrives/b4x64/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Anywhere Software/Basic4android/adb.exe devices"
but up popped a window saying Error in title with contents of 'File not found'. I've also tried it with single quotes replacing the double quotes. I looked at the Wine documentation but AFAIK it doesn't give an equivalent example to mine. Any ideas?
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: adb

Post by jkfloris »

Two possible solutions:

wine start /unix "virtualwinedrives/b4x64/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Anywhere Software/Basic4android/adb.exe" devices
# or
cd "virtualwinedrives/b4x64/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Anywhere Software/Basic4android/"
wine adb.exe devices
johnaaronrose
Level 2
Level 2

Re: adb

Post by johnaaronrose »

First solution didn't work: it popped up a small window titled 'Error' with contents 'File not found'.
Second solution gave:

john@desktop:~$ cd "virtualwinedrives/b4x64/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Anywhere Software/Basic4android/"
john@desktop:~/virtualwinedrives/b4x64/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Anywhere Software/Basic4android$ wine adb.exe devices
adb.exe F 03-02 17:14:43   132   121 sysdeps_win32.cpp:2743] _wenviron is not set, did you link with -municode?

abnormal program termination
I've then tried downloading AdbWinApi.dll & AdbWinWinUsbApi.dll and copying them to above directory & to C:\windows\syswow64 (which was created by Wine). But same result.