Wine on TwisterOS, RPi 4, failing to install .NET

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
barhamd

Wine on TwisterOS, RPi 4, failing to install .NET

Post by barhamd »

I'm trying to get an application called FlimConfig from the Model Electronics Railway Group (MERG) to run on a Raspberry Pi. On a windows PC the application installs .NET 3.5 Sp1 if not present. The application also communicates to a serial device.

I've downloaded the latest TwisterOS 2.1.2 on to a Raspberry Pi 4 model b 8Gb which comes with wine, winetricks and box86 pre-installed.

If I run the FlimConfig application under wine it appears to open correctly and displays a functioning GUI but although the com ports all appear correctly configured I see no data (though I do when running other applications (not at the sametime) from linux).

Trying to install .NET 3.5 Sp1 using winetricks appears to download and start the install, asks for agreement with EULA etc and gets to 100% on the install taskbar...... then it hangs.

If I eventually give up and kill wineserver I can get a wine desktop but it still doesn't report having .NET 3.5 Sp1 (it does claim to have 2.0 though!) and now the FlimConfig application just hangs on startup.

I saw some old bug reports about .NET installs on wine but wondered if anyone has actually got it installed?
wine version is 5.13 with Box86 with Dynarec v0.2.1

thanks
David Barham
DanDare

Re: Wine on TwisterOS, RPi 4, failing to install .NET

Post by DanDare »

Similar problems a com port shown and yet it doesn't play. Adding c++ and dot net
Believe latest is wine 7

My ExtIO.dll not recognised so can't select com port etc