Force registry persistence

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
DParadis

Force registry persistence

Post by DParadis »

Hello,

Is there a way to force Wine to persist the registry immediately upon a registry change? I have had issues with our usage of Wine where we make changes to the registry to save user data and then fairly quickly turn the box off where Wine is running. When we start back up the changes are not there that were just written.

Recently I have added some bash scripts that attempt to manually read the registry text file directly, immediately after a change is made thru the normal registry write commands. These changes are intermittent in being available and can take between 5 to 30 seconds to be seen.

Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David
jhansonxi
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Force registry persistence

Post by jhansonxi »

I'm not a dev but it seems like any tool that can monitor writes to a file can indicate changes to the reg files. FYI the entries in the Wine reg files are timestamped with the epoch. I don't know if Wine caches its own I/O. The filesystem caching could be the reason for the data loss if power is lost before the cache is written out.