help on IID_IDirectDrawSurfaceNew

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
ghotik2002

help on IID_IDirectDrawSurfaceNew

Post by ghotik2002 »

Hi.
I apologize if my post won't be much to Wine benefit, but I'm the developer of the Windows (yuk!) tool DxWnd (open source project hosted on SourceForge) and I am in desperate search of some information about this mysterious IID_IDirectDrawSurfaceNew object.
It seems that Microsoft created this object, buried inside ddraw.dll and never released documentation about it.
Despite that, a few game developers took advantage of this object to use in their games, like "Messiah", "Taxi2", "Birthright the Gorgon's Alliance" and a very few others. Nowhere in the web there seems to exist an include file holding description of this object that is presumably an extension of some IID_DirectDrawSurface. I suppose that a few development teams received some direction by Microsoft that then, eventually, changed its mind.
My tool (that, by the way, can be used also in Linux / Wine environment) needs to know the exact interface in order to set the proper hooks (proxy / trampoline procedure, whatever you prefer to call them) to scale the graphic and do other problem fixing.
I wonder if anyone in Wine team ever met this object and could share some information.
Thank you in advance, regards,
gho