Setting up .net 3.5 sp1

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Ryanics

Setting up .net 3.5 sp1

Post by Ryanics »

Winetricks says that there is a bug and can't install .net 3.5. This was for a WINE version from years ago. I can't install through Winetricks. I can't install the packages as the installer continuously tells me it's trying to reconnect to microsoft servers. Does anyone know what I can do? Please and thank you.

(Yes, I have tried Crossover, but it doesn't do a good job with the game that I am trying to get working. Steam proton does things better)
Ryanics

Setting up .net 3.5 sp1

Post by Ryanics »

I have tried steam proton and regular wine. I can't get .net 3.5 sp1 to install. It either tells me (because Im running Win 7 to Win 10) to turn on or off windows features. When setting Wine to run as windows xp, vista, or win 2008, the package will actually run, but it doesn't connect to microsoft servers.

I need .net 3.5 sp1 for Red Orchestra 2. If I can get some help that would be wonderful. Please and thank you, Ryan
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Setting up .net 3.5 sp1

Post by jkfloris »

I have no (major) problems installing dotnet35sp1 with the latest version of winetricks on Wine 7.0-rc1.
Could you try:

Code: Select all

sudo winetricks --self-update
WINEPREFIX=${HOME}/dotnet35sp1 WINEARCH=win32 winetricks -q dotnet35sp1