Almost two year old commit disabled user32-rawinput-keyboard patchset, but I need it. Do I need to rebuild?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
ridge
Level 1
Level 1

Almost two year old commit disabled user32-rawinput-keyboard patchset, but I need it. Do I need to rebuild?

Post by ridge »

I recently discovered the cause of an issue with a third-party modding tool called Windower 4, for Final Fantasy XI, where most keyboard inputs no longer work in game; but only when using Windower. Without Windower, the game works as expected and I can navigate & chat using my keyboard.

Currently, my option is to use Wine-Staging 4.21 to play, but I would prefer to stay on a Wine version that's as recent as possible, especially because of the new HID Joystick code.

I'm also not sure whether it would conflict with the current HID Joystick code, since user32-rawinput-keyboard depends on user32-rawinput-hid..
This is the commit in question: https://github.com/wine-staging/wine-st ... 8394fbb82b

To use the user32-rawinput-keyboard and hid patchset, do I need to rebuild Wine from source every time there's a new version, or should I report this as a bug?
I wouldn't necessarily mind rebuilding, but I'm having some issues trying to figure out how to reintroduce these patches to the current code :oops: I'll probably get there eventually tho.

Thanks in advance everyone.
DrunkenJack
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Almost two year old commit disabled user32-rawinput-keyboard patchset, but I need it. Do I need to rebuild?

Post by DrunkenJack »

You need to rebuild it with patches from the patchset folder I guess, because the Wine staging binaries at WineHQ don't have the patchset build-in by default. I mean they probably would include the patchset if it don't cause regressions.
ridge
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Almost two year old commit disabled user32-rawinput-keyboard patchset, but I need it. Do I need to rebuild?

Post by ridge »

DrunkenJack wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:18 pm You need to rebuild it with patches from the patchset folder I guess, because the Wine staging binaries at WineHQ don't have the patchset build-in by default. I mean they probably would include the patchset if it don't cause regressions.
Ahh I see, then I'll look into figuring how to reintroduce it myself and make my own builds. Thank you very much for answering.