HELP: Starcraft Remastered Multiplayer Not Working

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
sysrpl

HELP: Starcraft Remastered Multiplayer Not Working

Post by sysrpl »

While using wine staging 6.6 on Linux Mint 20 I cannot play multiplayer games with StarCraft Remastered. I have a 32bit wine install, the Blizzard Launcher, and StarCrafter Remastered seems to run well, but when I am inside of StarCraft Remastered and connected to Battle.net, I cannot play a multiplayer ranked ladder game, join a multiplayer custom game, or host a custom game.

I can connect to Battle.net, participate in chat channels, and browse custom games. When I try to start a ranked play game I receive the in game message "Unable to start matchmaking". When I try to join a custom game, the custom map is downloaded, then almost immediately I receive the message "Unable to join game". I am at a loss as to how to fix this problem.

I have tried forwarding port 6112 on my router to my local machine, both TCP and UDP. I have also tried and exhausted my google foo skills to find an answer to this problem, so I am turning to this forum as my last hope.
zapper
Level 2
Level 2

Re: HELP: Starcraft Remastered Multiplayer Not Working

Post by zapper »

I have the same damn issue...

As long as I don't download bonjour I can do all that you can do... weird righT?

But yeah, I still cannot join or create game... which is beyond weird. 3 lat or 1 lat is what I see on all games and I cant join any
janstermaster

Re: HELP: Starcraft Remastered Multiplayer Not Working

Post by janstermaster »

I've also been having this problem. I've tried different wine versions, disabling firewall etc, but nothing helped.
However the problem doesn't seem to be Bonjour by me, it runs and I can browse multiplayer games even while I have it installed. Sadly, I cannot join them :(