Internet access by applications running it wine

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
duke_chester99

Internet access by applications running it wine

Post by duke_chester99 »

I have searched several places (askubuntu.com, wine wiki, wine forum, general internet search) and have not found a solution to my problem. I am running Ubuntu Studio 20.10 (based on Ubuntu 20.10 with KDE desktop) and wine 5.03 installed from the Ubuntu repository. I have several applications which have installed apparently successfully in wine. I installed them into a 64bit windows 10 prefix. The applications require access to internet sites to function properly. When I launch the applications, I get error messages (server not available, cannot connect to server) which indicates to me that the are not able to access the internet. I did run one of these applications previously on a Mac, and I know that this one application does not require a local server - it does need internet access. I have successfully installed gecko, and can access the internet with the iexplorer application supplied within wine. What am I missing? What do I have to do allow these applications to access the internet?
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Internet access by applications running it wine

Post by jkfloris »

Often there are clues what went wrong in the terminal output.
https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#How_can_I_g ... tput.29.3F