mfplat:unrecognized video format WMV3 (Devil May Cry HD)

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
ThothXV

mfplat:unrecognized video format WMV3 (Devil May Cry HD)

Post by ThothXV »

I should preface this by saying that I'm currently running proton-tkg, which is based on wine-tkg, which is mostly staging patches. As this isn't an official release, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, but I'm trying it anyways.

I'm trying to make Devil May Cry HD Collection work. In earlier versions of wine (with Proton patches), the game would crash at the first cutscene. However, in tkg, the game at least hangs forever on a black screen. Progress. Other users have reported the game to work correctly aside from the cutscene issues, so this is really the last hurdle.

I took a look through the logs, and right before the SEH exception these lines appear:

Code: Select all

141920.157:015c:01cc:fixme:mfplat:mf_media_type_from_caps Unrecognized video format video/x-ms-asf
141920.173:015c:01cc:fixme:mfplat:mf_media_type_from_caps Unrecognized format WMV3
141920.188:015c:01d4:fixme:mfplat:mf_media_type_from_caps Unrecognized format WMV3
141920.188:015c:01cc:fixme:mfplat:mf_media_type_from_caps Unrecognized format WMV3
141920.188:015c:01cc:fixme:mfplat:mf_media_type_from_caps Unrecognized format WMV3
This is odd because winegstreamer has supported wmv3 in staging versions (wine-tkg is based on wine staging) for a good two decades or so now, if the patch dates are to be believed. So what's happening here? Also, is there any way I can make it stop happening, or do I just have to wait for a patch?