ProPresenter 7.2 crashed on launch with error code 0x80041008

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
goober99

ProPresenter 7.2 crashed on launch with error code 0x80041008

Post by goober99 »

When launching ProPresenter 7.2 it launches with the following not very helpful error:

Looking at the terminal output from Wine, there appear to be a handful of errors that could be the cause:

Code: Select all

err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request failed with status 0x2733
err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request failed with status 0x2733
err:combase:RoGetActivationFactory Failed to find library for L"Windows.Foundation.Diagnostics.AsyncCausalityTracer"
Any ideas on how to resolve any of these? I've also attached the full terminal output.

I am using Wine 5.0.2 from the winehq-stable package from the winehq.org repos on Debian Sid. ProPresenter requires Windows 10 version 1809. To get the installer to install, I had to run wine regedit and edit the following registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

Changing the build numbers from 17134 to 17763 to convince the installer I was running version 1809 of Windows 10.

After the installer completed, ProPresenter failed to launch any window at all. Looking at the terminal output, it looked like ProPresenter was looking for .NET libraries that were missing. Windows 10 version 1809 comes with .NET Framework 4.7.2, so I used winetricks to install this (winetricks dotnet472). After installing this, ProPresenter will actually launch a window, but that window just displays the above error message.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: ProPresenter 7.2 crashed on launch with error code 0x80041008

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Looks like it's missing a native dll. Did you already report a bug for that?