Old Windows game on WINE (low priority)

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
russgbucks

Old Windows game on WINE (low priority)

Post by russgbucks »

Hi there,

I have spent a couple of hours trying to get an old DirectX7 (2D sprite) game running. It's a an old game from the Commodore Amiga era that was ported to the PC quite a while back, it's a free download so if someone with 'skillz' would be up for seeing if they can manage to get it running, I'd be grateful. It can be found here - http://www.vulcan.co.uk/classics/type-big/ (episode one download is free).

It's a fun puzzle game so whoever does manage, I think you'll really like it.

I thought as it was so old it might work out of the box. I did some DX association stuff via a tutorial but that didn't get me very far!

Got Wine running on ChromeOS, the Winecfg and desktop UI part seem to run. When I try and run the game exe, it just pops up a window and fails. No error message :(
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Old Windows game on WINE (low priority)

Post by jkfloris »

The game seems to work fine with Wine 5.0.1 in a clean 32-bit Wineprefix set to Windows 98 and a virtual desktop.
russgbucks

Re: Old Windows game on WINE (low priority)

Post by russgbucks »

Thank you I'll give that a try, I tried WinXP and 7, as I did play the game on those.