Losing focus on Wine randomly

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
lcrndrrr
Level 2
Level 2

Losing focus on Wine randomly

Post by lcrndrrr »

I had a problem one year ago, when doing alt+tab in some games in wine. I tried with a solution that I found in some page that said that in Regedit, I had to create a new entry named "UseTakeFocus" with value "N" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\X11 Driver

This worked, and I was able to alt+tab without any problem.

But today, without any reason this stopped working and I´m exactly in the first situation, when I alt+tab, I lose the focus of the game and my mouse is not detected anymore. I didn´t make any change to the OS and didn´t change any wine configuration, and UseTakeFocus is here, set to "N".
Is this a bug in a new wine version where wine don´t read the registry? what should I do? I can use the virtual desktop, but I feel like the previous solution (UseTakeFocus) was perfect, why is not working anymore?.

My OS is Manjaro KDE (I tried with xfce and different wine versions and I have the same results).
barama

Re: Losing focus on Wine randomly

Post by barama »

Hi, I had a similar problem in Mac 10.14 with the cmd+tab, was working fine until the other day.
Now when i open the game Im using i get a white screen, with the cmd+tab sometimes i can enter the game but most of the times the white screen appears, sometimes is red.
Its not exactly related but happend just the 1st.
Cagnulein
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Cagnulein »

@lcrndrrr which wine version do you have? maybe you have update wine in the meanwhile?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Have you tried using Virtual Desktop?

On macOS the default display driver is macDriver so that needs to be changed to X11 to make usage of Virtual Desktop