Help gettine Geovision Edge Recording Manager up and running

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
zenren

Help gettine Geovision Edge Recording Manager up and running

Post by zenren »

I don't have to use Wine very often, but we are trying to avoid buying any more Windows pcs, especially for a single use case like this. We are running short after decommissioning all Win7 machines and replacing them with Win10 ones that we already owned, simultaneously weeding out all flakey hardware and core 2s/1st gen core i series. We need to use one of these decommissioned machines to display a camera feed on a tv, it will do nothing else, but it will be on the network so we don't want it running win7.

The software I need to run is Geovision Edge Recording Manager it does run, connects to my nvr host, but I am having problems connecting to the cameras. I can't find any software prerequisites, but I think it needs Quicktime to display the video feed. Quicktime is installed and I don't think that is the problem. I ran the program in the terminal and got a lot of locale errors on startup and a lot of msxml errors. I can get a clean log later tomorrow, but I really don't know where to start other than that. I am looking for some steps to take to get better diagnostics. I doubt anyone here can actually get it running for me unless somebody just happens to have a Geovision setup.

All I have done so far is install some libraries like msxml, ddraw, d3dx11, and quicktime, but I don't think it even launched the program, I left work and it was looping through locale errors for several minutes, definitely more than it was before.