Is it possible to report a Bug on a non existed AppDB entry?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Kupferdrache

Is it possible to report a Bug on a non existed AppDB entry?

Post by Kupferdrache »

My question is is it possible to report a Bug on a non-existing AppDB entry? and if yes, what is the best practice?

Thanks for your help.
dimesio

Re: Is it possible to report a Bug on a non existed AppDB entry?

Post by dimesio »

Do you mean a bug in Wine affecting a program that is simply not listed in the AppDB, or do you mean a bug in the AppDB itself?

If the former, yes; Wine bugs are filed in bugzilla, not the AppDB. But you should ask about the specific problem here first. It may be a known issue and/or someone may be able to figure out a workaround.

If the latter, well, you'll have to explain more what the problem is. If it's simply that an entry doesn't exist, that's not a bug. It just means no one has submitted it.
Kupferdrache

Post by Kupferdrache »

former, a game need a libary, that seems to be only included in windows 10, the game is not yet on the AppDB. As it only on steam and therefor I have used proton so far. Not sure how I start it manually with wine, without installing steam first in a winebottle.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

You do need to test plain Wine before filing a bug; proton is not supported here. There are instructions for installing Steam in Wine in the AppDB. https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=19444
Kupferdrache

Post by Kupferdrache »

Seems, I can't run steam in a winebottle, as I can't get behind the create or log in stream on initial setup, installing the game for good testing in a winebottle seems off limits atm. I might be able to load it with wine from the with proton installed files, but not as good as getting it to test proper. I wish, it would be available on GoG, not having DRM interfere with testing would make stuff so much easier.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Kupferdrache wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:42 am former, a game need a libary, that seems to be only included in windows 10, the game is not yet on the AppDB. As it only on steam and therefor I have used proton so far. Not sure how I start it manually with wine, without installing steam first in a winebottle.
If your unable to play the game using Proton check https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues if the game isn’t listed open a new issue and follow the guidelines.

For winehq releases download wine for Hulu distro and install Windows Steam or use winetricks to install it for you. Next install the issue game and try to run it.
If it still doesn’t work with the latest release wine-devel-4.20 make a bug report via bugzilla giving as much information as possible