vkd3d-shaders and wine

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
dundir
Level 1
Level 1

vkd3d-shaders and wine

Post by dundir »

I'm building wine from source. I'm currently working through building the latest libvkd3d library.

While double checking the so library against the most recent package (DEBIAN sid, 1.1-3), prior to repackaging it; I noticed the current vkd3d master (619bc19) generates a shared object (libvkd3d.so.1.1.0) with links to a new shared object which hasn't been present in older packages (vkd3d-shader.so.1) of the same major release.

I used the default build configuration with +XCB+tests-demos, libvulkan1.1.121 and the latest git spir-v/vulkan headers.

Does anyone know if this linking requirement is an expected change? or possibly a build system bug?

I didn't see a reference to this dependency change in the git log, and the only relevant information available about the library is that its supposed to be internal and subject to change without notice.

I'd hate to reach out to the developers only to find it was a local issue (i.e. I don't have much experience compiling from source).