Application hangs in Wine, can't break with winedbg

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
n3rdopolis

Application hangs in Wine, can't break with winedbg

Post by n3rdopolis »

Hi

I am in the early phases of trying to report a program that hangs in Wine, the Palm OS Simulator (the Palm OS Cobalt version)
Not sure how I am going to provide a Download link, since it pretty much classifies as Abandonware.

It hangs after a while, (It's pretty replicable), constantly outputting:

Code: Select all

0031:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7e6b30a0 "window.c: win_data_section" wait timed out in thread 0031, blocked by 002b, retrying (60 sec)
002b:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7e8c8ba0 "user_main.c: user_section" wait timed out in thread 002b, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
004d:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7e8c8ba0 "user_main.c: user_section" wait timed out in thread 004d, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
0032:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7e8c8ba0 "user_main.c: user_section" wait timed out in thread 0032, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
002e:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7e8c8ba0 "user_main.c: user_section" wait timed out in thread 002e, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
I thought I could use WineDbg to start it, and then use CTRL+C break, and get a process dump, however it seems that once the deadlock is reached, WineDbg can't break into it

I was able to get a dump with gcore, (I had to compress it, too) but I am not sure if winedbg does anything special over gcore to the dump...

I've never reported to Wine before, so before I do so, I want to make sure I do it correctly
Thanks