Xara Designer Pro X 11 trial on wine-4.0.1 (linux)

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
du_qu

Xara Designer Pro X 11 trial on wine-4.0.1 (linux)

Post by du_qu »

Xara Pro 6 (trial) installed and run smooth on wine (but, 'wine' has problem with what they called 'fly-out tools and buttons' (on 'Pro 6' entry, on https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/whats-new/older/), that the 'fly-out' tools is "blinking" when button is pressed).
When Xara Designer Pro X 11 (download from xara.com) does not have problem above, but it has another problem:
I created new wine's profile, and then install program without problem:

Code: Select all

WINEPREFIX=~/.WINE_TEST winecfg
1) If I run the program, after it asked about register, etc, then the main window appears, and empty new document is loaded but the 'update' reminder dialog can not be closed (attachment file (1))

2) If I disable the internet then the 'update' dialog does not show up, and the 'Tip of the Day' appears but not responsible, and then error message tells that the introduction document file needs Arial font, if I press 'Continue' or 'Document Info', the 'Tip of the Day' dialog is now responsive, and can be closed, and Xara run normally. (attachment file (2))

3) If windows fonts are installed (via winetricks), and the 'Update' reminder is disabled (by disconnect the internet or edit the registry) then the program is freeze when 'Tip of the Day' is loaded (attachment file (3))

Code: Select all

Disable 'Update' reminder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\11\Options\Update
SpecialsDontShowAgain [DWORD] 1
UpdateDontShowAgain [DWORD] 1
4) If 'Tip of the Day' and 'Update' reminder are disabled, Arial font is removed, then the program is hanged. (attachment file (4))
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Xara Designer Pro X 11 trial on wine-4.0.1 (linux)

Post by jkfloris »

Could you try Xara Designer Pro X 11 with:
- clean Wineprefix
- wine 4.12.1
- winetricks ie8

I tried the trial version and the first time it takes a while for the program to start.
du_qu

Re: Xara Designer Pro X 11 trial on wine-4.0.1 (linux)

Post by du_qu »

Thanks, I can confirm it works with wine 4.12.1, but for the fist time, I think it's freeze again. Although, after that, it takes about one or two minutes for Xara to start (I disable "Update" and "Tip.." dialog).