Wine build pipeline (autotools->meson)?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
dundir
Level 1
Level 1

Wine build pipeline (autotools->meson)?

Post by dundir »

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to the forum; I've been trying to get a developmental build working but I've been having some trouble.
The majority of trouble is in the effort for tracking down the correct dependencies for the current trunk repo. Specifically versions/architectures that are needed for a basic 64/32bit wow64 type build.

Over the last few days while working towards this end, I've been toying with the idea of converting the existing autotools/bison/flex build implementation over to the mesonbuild system.

It looks like this would allow for simpler build deployment and more flexibility in dependency handling via the automatic build function for deps as subprojects but I understand this kind of change is a big decision. If it helps, a number of other projects such as Mesa3D have already announced they are in the process of converting to this build system.

Before moving any further in the process, I'd first like to ask, is this something WineHQ maintainers would consider as a pull request?

I know many other project maintainers flat out deny large pull requests without review, and while I don't foresee this being a very large pull request; I'd like to hear what you all think about the idea before putting the effort in.
dimesio

Re: Wine build pipeline (autotools->meson)?

Post by dimesio »

This is the user's forum; you need to ask this on the developer's mailing list.