WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:53 pm 

Greetings:

I am attempting to use either the Sony E-Reader with Wine (https://sony-reader-for-pc.en.lo4d.com/windows) or Adobe Digital Editions. My end goal is simply to read books from my library on the device, whether through Digital Editions or Sony's software. Both applications seems to have installed fine and launch fine. However, neither applications recognize the reader.

I began the process by installing Adobe Digital Editions per this guide: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=30928. That is, I set the architecture to 32 and ran "winetricks -q corefonts dotnet40". I also followed the guide on getting an e-reader to work. The device shows up as two drives. I have mapped the mount points (/media/kelly/READER and /media/kelly/SETTING) using winecfg, and set the type as floppy drives. I can see the e-reader under the "dosdevices" directory and access the reader on my Linux system.

Wine version: wine-4.0 (Debian 4.0-2)
System: Debian 10

Output of running the Sony Reader software:
Code:
0110:err:winediag:MIDIMAP_drvOpen No software synthesizer midi port found, Midi sound output probably won't work.

Output of Adobe Reader software:

Code:
0144:err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
0142:err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {35440327-1517-4b72-865e-3ffe8e97002f} not registered
0142:err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {35440327-1517-4b72-865e-3ffe8e97002f} could be created for context 0x1
LIBRARY_LOADED
has 2 records
LIBRARY_RECORD_CHANGED

Any advice would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help