Wine + PCSX2 + Macbook Pro 2015

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
kavin2468

Wine + PCSX2 + Macbook Pro 2015

Post by kavin2468 »

Hello everyone,

I am pulling my hair out and decided to finally ask for help! I'm trying to get PCSX2 working on my Macbook Pro and I've tried just about every guide out there. I am using Porting Kit with Wine 4.11, and I'm able to install everything and get PCSX2 up and running. That's about where things stop working. I've been able to get it working on Windows via boot camp but I would rather not keep rebooting to play.

I've experimented with different versions of Wine (4.0 -> 4.11) and different versions of PCSX2 (1.5.0+). When configuring the GsDx plugin, sometimes DirectX11 is available as an option but the graphics card detected is just flat wrong (a card I don't even have!). If I try launching a game, it crashes.

With other versions DirectX isn't even available and all I can use is OpenGL which hangs as soon as I launch a game.

I'm not sure what information I would need to leave here for help with debugging so for now here are my specs:

2015 Macbook Pro running High Sierra (10.13.6)
CPU: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
GPU: Intel Integrated + AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me out!
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Wine + PCSX2 + Macbook Pro 2015

Post by Gcenx »

Winehq doesn’t support Wineskin/WineBottler/PlayOnMac or PortingKit. (PortingKit uses “Unofficial Wineskin” along with Winehq portable releases in most cases)

The problem your having is wine on macOS doesn’t support anything above DirectX9 and the version of OpenGL is 4.1 with some 4.2 extensions, the emulator needs OpenGL 4.3.

If you really want to run this emulator on macOS you need to use an older release that still supported DirectX9 and don’t expect OpenGL mode to work.