kexSystem::InitVideo: Failed to create window. Turok1 remast

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
lukes357

kexSystem::InitVideo: Failed to create window. Turok1 remast

Post by lukes357 »

I use FreeBSD 12.0@amd64. Recently I put a Quadro K600 GPU and built the latest NVIDIA drivers for FreeBSD (418.56).

This board has the iGPU Intel HD 2500 and with the "intel" driver turok1 was working correctly. I believe that
the update to libGL.so (by the NVIDIA driver) is the cause, however I have not come up with an idea to make
wine use the new libGL?, I built wine from the freebsd ports (check below for the versions), also used the version
from the packages and always hit the same error: https://pastebin.com/VvAN2Wpr

$ pkg info|grep wine
i386-wine-devel-3.3,1 32-bit Microsoft Windows compatibility environment for 64-bit FreeBSD
wine-gecko-devel-2.47 Gecko Layout Engine for Wine development branch (HTML support)
wine-mono-4.7.5 Mono .NET implementation for Wine development branch (HTML support)
wine-mono-devel-4.7.1 Mono .NET implementation for Wine development branch (HTML support)
winetricks-20190310 Easy way to work around problems in Wine

Any ideas (wine command line switches, etc, others..) are welcome, thanks guys I appreciate your help.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: kexSystem::InitVideo: Failed to create window. Turok1 re

Post by Bob Wya »

@lukes357

I'm not a FreeBSD driver...
But a common issue, causing such log messages, is when you are missing the 32-bit section of your graphics driver.
Or generally misconfigured graphics drivers...

Any reason why you are using a rather obsolete version of Wine?
The current trunk release is: Wine / Wine Staging 4.7 ...

Anyway, please post a full terminal log with the following debug flags enabled:

Code: Select all

export WINEDEBUG=+timestamp,+tid,+wgl
wine sobek.exe
Also, in future, if you are posting terminal commands, output, logs, etc. in a forum post...
Then please use the supplied forum Code tags:

Code: Select all

Thanks
Bob