Buffer performance warning with Lara Croft GOL demo

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
macchinetta

Buffer performance warning with Lara Croft GOL demo

Post by macchinetta »

Hello, I've try Lara Croft GOL steam demo (appdb page) before buy it, but I've encountered strange performance issues, both audio and video seems stuttering together (ta - ta - taa - ta) as micro-lagging would be present.

I set all graphics option to minimum except for resolution (1080p), stuttering also present and measured fps is twelve (12+), unplayable.

I try to watch in wine debug output and i found that:

Code: Select all

21948.241:00bf:warn:d3d_perf:wined3d_debug_callback 0x1b79688: "Buffer performance warning: Buffer object 2 (bound to GL_VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_BUFFER_BINDING_ARB (0), GL_VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_BUFFER_BINDING_ARB (1), GL_VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_BUFFER_BINDING_ARB (2), and GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, usage hint is GL_STREAM_DRAW) is being copied/moved from VIDEO memory to DMA CACH"....
I think is related to strange issues. I try to disable that extensions with DisabledExtensions regedit key, nothing changed.

I try also to disable/enable csmt, nothing change. (game is dx9, then not use dxvk).

Can I try to resolve in any way or is it a bug?

ps: i have a gtx760 2gb and i5 4660 3.6ghz
pps: i do not use proton but windows-steam installed in wine.
ppps: i use wine-staging due to gamepad issues with standard wine.
macchinetta

Re: Buffer performance warning with Lara Croft GOL demo

Post by macchinetta »

Update: I've did a regression test, then I open a bug about this: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46942