WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help




 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 



 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:16 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:11 pm
Posts: 4
I'm trying to install Viber on FreeBSD and it creates temporary dirs with permissions like this:

Quote:
d--------- 2 tbyte tbyte 512 Jan 17 18:53 {144a144e-eecc-4102-bd8b-778664ebf53a}
d--------- 2 tbyte tbyte 512 Jan 17 18:54 {acc83058-83b0-41e2-b372-266672a1af16}


And of course after that it can't access them so the installation process fails. What can I do about it and can i somehow force the umask of every created file / directory ?

Regards


Top 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 pm 
Offline
Level 12
Level 12
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm
Posts: 2480
Location: Cambridge
@tbyte007,

Could you post a Wine terminal log with the following debug channel enabled:
Code:
export WINEDEBUG=+file
wine ... >~/wine_file_log.txt 2>&1

See: WineHQ FAQ: 10.1.1 How can I get a debugging log (a.k.a. terminal output)?

Please use the forum Code tags:
Code:
...
if posting this log inline.

Thanks
Bob


Top 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:52 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:11 pm
Posts: 4
@Bob Wya Sorry for replaying that late - i didn't have access to the laptop and the VirtualBox installation did not turn out well :)

Here is the link to google file (it exceeds the max file size for pastebin)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i9q7kIbLn1eAcmKeRRkORn1TWJpiS4Dg


Top 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:27 pm 
Offline
Level 12
Level 12
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm
Posts: 2480
Location: Cambridge
@tbyte007

Is this one of the full paths:
Code:
0031:trace:file:CreateDirectoryW L"C:\\users\\tbyte\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Package Cache\\{144a144e-eecc-4102-bd8b-778664ebf53a}\\"

of the 2 temporary directories you listed?

If so CreateDirectoryW() should inherit permissions from the parent directory:
Code:
L"C:\\users\\tbyte\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Package Cache"

- so you'd want to check this out...

From the MSDN: CreateDirectoryW function:
Quote:
If lpSecurityAttributes is NULL, the directory gets a default security descriptor. The ACLs in the default security descriptor for a directory are inherited from its parent directory.


Also... what filesystem is the WINEPREFIX setup on?

Thanks
Bob


Top 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:35 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:11 pm
Posts: 4
Bob Wya wrote:
@tbyte007

Is this one of the full paths:
Code:
0031:trace:file:CreateDirectoryW L"C:\\users\\tbyte\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Package Cache\\{144a144e-eecc-4102-bd8b-778664ebf53a}\\"

of the 2 temporary directories you listed?

yes it is :
Code:
$:> ls -l ~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/tbyte/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/Package\ Cache
total 8
d---------  2 tbyte  tbyte  512 Jan 17 18:53 {144a144e-eecc-4102-bd8b-778664ebf53a}
d---------  2 tbyte  tbyte  512 Jan 17 18:54 {acc83058-83b0-41e2-b372-266672a1af16}

Quote:
If so CreateDirectoryW() should inherit permissions from the parent directory:
Code:
L"C:\\users\\tbyte\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Package Cache"

- so you'd want to check this out...

From the MSDN: CreateDirectoryW function:
Quote:
If lpSecurityAttributes is NULL, the directory gets a default security descriptor. The ACLs in the default security descriptor for a directory are inherited from its parent directory.


Yes but the permissions of the parent dir are different:
Code:
$:> ls -l ~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/tbyte/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data
total 8
drwxr-xr-x  2 tbyte  tbyte  512 Jan 17 18:38 Microsoft
drwxr-xr-x  4 tbyte  tbyte  512 Jan 17 18:54 Package Cache

Quote:
Also... what filesystem is the WINEPREFIX setup on?

Thanks
Bob

The file system is UFS(v2)
Code:
/dev/ada0s3d on /usr (ufs, local, journaled soft-updates)


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:45 pm 
Offline
Level 12
Level 12
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm
Posts: 2480
Location: Cambridge
tbyte007 wrote:
...
The file system is UFS(v2)
Code:
/dev/ada0s3d on /usr (ufs, local, journaled soft-updates)


Surely that mount-point doesn't cover your WINEPREFIX?
Code:
/home/tbyte/.wine

Surely that WINEPREFIX path would be under something like (one of):
Code:
/
/home


I can't see a point, in your log, when the Windows package subdirectory:
Code:
C:\users\tbyte\Local Settings\Application Data\Package Cache\{144a144e-eecc-4102-bd8b-778664ebf53a}

is created... So what happens if you change the permission of these directories manually and re-run the Viber installer?
The re-run should use the already cached data.

I'd also suggest filing a Wine bug report, with:
Code:
export WINEDEBUG=+timestamp,+tid,+file,+ntdll
wine start 'Z:\home\tbyte\Downloads\ViberSetup.exe' >~/wine_file_ntdll_log.txt 2>&1

I am not sure what other Wine debug channels might be useful at this point...
ntdll will be a bit "noisy", but does cover some file handling functions.

Bob


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:28 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:11 pm
Posts: 4
Bob Wya wrote:
tbyte007 wrote:
...
The file system is UFS(v2)
Code:
/dev/ada0s3d on /usr (ufs, local, journaled soft-updates)


Surely that mount-point doesn't cover your WINEPREFIX?
Code:
/home/tbyte/.wine

Surely that WINEPREFIX path would be under something like (one of):
Code:
/
/home



/home is soft link to /usr/home


Top 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:32 am 
Offline
Level 12
Level 12
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm
Posts: 2480
Location: Cambridge
tbyte007 wrote:
...

/home is soft link to /usr/home


Ah right, sure.

Bob


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 




Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gcenx, Google [Bot], ottavio and 12 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: