Metatrader4

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Danie

Metatrader4

Post by Danie »

I am trying to operate Metatrader 4, but get a message: "Program Error: the program mt4setup.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close".
Can you help?
Regards
Danie
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Metatrader4

Post by Bob Wya »

Danie wrote:I am trying to operate Metatrader 4, but get a message: "Program Error: the program mt4setup.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close".
Can you help?
Regards
Danie
  • What OS are you using?
  • What version of Wine are you testing with?
If you actually want support then you'd also need to supply the full terminal output that Wine generates, plus the terminal command you used to launch Wine.
See: WineHQ FAQ: 10.1.1 How can I get a debugging log (a.k.a. terminal output)?

If you are posting any terminal commands, output, logs, etc. in a forum post, then please use the supplied forum Code tags:

Code: Select all

This applies 100% for any technical Web forum really...

Are you sure you want to run Metatrader 4, as Metatrader 5 has available for many years now??

I've a demo version of Metatrader 5 installed - since this question comes up so often on these forums...
That runs fine for me with the current release candidate version of Wine Stable (3.0.4 RC1).

Bob
woodside

Re: Metatrader4

Post by woodside »

Dear Bob,

Most of brokers are still using Metatrader 4 server, so most of forex traders are still using Metatrader 4.

I use wine to run Metatrader 4 on Mac OS and it runs fine.

One of the problems is that it pops a bubble even when the mouse pointer is not on a bar on the chart. Do you have and idea why this happens?

Thanks,
David