VB6 dev environment running on UBUNTU and WINE Issues?

Questions about Wine on Linux
axisdj

VB6 dev environment running on UBUNTU and WINE Issues?

Post by axisdj »

Hello group.

I am looking for guidance on how to proceed with an issue I have run into.

I am looking to run my vb6 created apps on Linux using WINE.

I have been able to successfully load and run the VB6 ide and compiler using Wine 3.02 and Ubuntu 18.04

The problem is when i try to load my projects I get errors '...ocx could not loaded'. They errors refer to 3rd party ocx's that are present in the wine environment and properly do register when running regsvr32.

I have checked these ocx's with depends.exe and all dependencies are also present on wine system

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.
qwertymnb
Level 4
Level 4

Re: VB6 dev environment running on UBUNTU and WINE Issues?

Post by qwertymnb »

Posting the whole console output might be useful here to track down the cause
Regards
KKing
Level 2
Level 2

Re: VB6 dev environment running on UBUNTU and WINE Issues?

Post by KKing »

a very long time ago with a much older version of wine I had some issues with OCX and VB6 too. It may depend on the type of 3rd party OCX's you are trying to use. Some I resolved only after installing the OCX's on a true windows unit and checking for changes in the registry and found some settings not created by just registering them had obviously been created by the installer package and the OCX's needed. But others I never resolved and, seem to recall the console output indicated that some element of wine had not implemented something needed yet. If you can knock up a simple test use of an OCX you might be able to debug further.
K.