Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Regression

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
qwasimodo

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Regression

Post by qwasimodo »

Hi
I saw on the App Database that Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Gold had been tested and rated platinum on Wine 2.0. But I couldn't find that older version to download so I just got the latest, Winehq-stable-3.0.2 . The game doesn't work though.

I have tested another game however which does work. Is this a regression that can be fixed or something else?

Cheers
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Regression

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Of course regressions can be fixed. If there's a bug, please open a bugreport.
What does "doesn't work" mean, can you provide a log?
qwasimodo

Post by qwasimodo »

Fair point, I'm very new to this and completely in the dark tbh.
All I get is a message saying:
'Something went wrong. Please try to download the installer again, if the problem persists'
I've downloaded everything again a few times but without success.
Now to make me sound like a complete idiot, how do I provide a log?
qwasimodo

Post by qwasimodo »

Okay cheers. Does this help? The *s I have put in instead of my last name if that seems weird.

Philips-MBP:~ philip********$ wine start 'Desktop/Random/GOG_Galaxy_Heroes_of_Might_and_Magic_2_Gold.exe'
0009:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
Philips-MBP:~ philip********$ 0034:fixme:urlmon:InternetBindInfo_GetBindString not supported string type 20
0038:fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv4 not supported in this platform
0038:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0038:fixme:secur32:schan_imp_get_max_message_size Returning 1 << 14.
0041:fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv4 not supported in this platform
0042:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100