Full screen and virtual desktop

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
plavozont

Full screen and virtual desktop

Post by plavozont »

I have installed diablo 2 lod. It works perfectly(in DirectDraw and Direct3d mode) when I set to emulate desktop. But without desktop emulation it says "A critical error has occured while initializing DirectDraw". Same trouble with warcraft 2. I want to play the game in fullscreen but there is no option in wine to switch the emulated desktop into a fullscreen mode.
plavozont

Re: Full screen and virtual desktop

Post by plavozont »

Maybe my driver (nvidia) doesn't let to untrusted applications change screen resolutions or something...
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Full screen and virtual desktop

Post by Bob Wya »

@plavozont,

I'm coincidently playing about with some patches for winex11.drv just now...

Could you post the terminal output from your game (with emulate a virtual desktop disabled), proceeded with:

Code: Select all

WINEDEBUG=+timestamp,+tid,+x11settings
See: WineHQ FAQ: 10.1.1 How can I get a debugging log (a.k.a. terminal output)?

Please post this log on pastebin-esque site - it's much easier to wade through (than a log posted directly on this forum).

Often games will try to set unsupported display bit depths or frequencies (which is really dumb - because there is a Windows function: EnumDisplaySettingsEx() which literally enumerates all the available display modes for a specific display adapter!) :roll:
Nothing to do with your nvidia drivers - except that they don't properly support the newer xrandr specifications (freedom haters!_)

Bob