Monitor Wine Apps Traffic

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
jamthejame

Monitor Wine Apps Traffic

Post by jamthejame »

I'm using Lubuntu on which I'm running WINE. Generic Lubuntu installation gives you a monitoring tool called "Benchmark" which shows internet connections IPs/Ports etc, but does not show you which application was the initiator.

Parallel, on WINE i have a few application and I would like to know if any of them creates any connection independently to the internet, so I was wondering if there is a way to monitor application that connect to the internet and use WINE.

Is there a tool, option, package etc? that will allow me to achieve that?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Monitor Wine Apps Traffic

Post by Bob Wya »

jamthejame wrote:I'm using Lubuntu on which I'm running WINE. Generic Lubuntu installation gives you a monitoring tool called "Benchmark" which shows internet connections IPs/Ports etc, but does not show you which application was the initiator.

Parallel, on WINE i have a few application and I would like to know if any of them creates any connection independently to the internet, so I was wondering if there is a way to monitor application that connect to the internet and use WINE.

Is there a tool, option, package etc? that will allow me to achieve that?
This topic has been discussed ad nauseam before on these forums...
E.g. a similar discussion, see: WineHQ Forums: creating built-in firewall for Wine.
The only update is that nftables has replaced iptables.
Note also that we are talking about a thread from 7 years ago - so change is glacial!

The tl;dr version is no you can't.

Bob