.exe not running

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
eduardo
Level 2
Level 2

.exe not running

Post by eduardo »

hello new here and enjoying the wineapp experience, lol. well i just cant open an app that recently got through an update meaning i could use the app (game) just fine but since it got upgraded i havent been able to open it and run it like before. this is from the log, if there is a topic maybe i should look at please point me in that direction, thanks!
fixme:urlmon:InternetBindInfo_GetBindString not supported string type 20
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f5c0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x32fb5c
fixme:coreaudio:get_channel_mask Unknown speaker configuration: 64
fixme:coreaudio:get_channel_mask Unknown speaker configuration: 64
fixme:dinput:get_osx_device_elements kIOHIDElementTypeInput_Misc / Unhandled usage 0
fixme:dinput:get_osx_device_elements Unhandled type 129
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x32bc8c 0x0): stub

Unhandled Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at <Module>.ContentManagerWrapper.{ctor} (ContentManagerWrapper*) <0x0006f>
at (wrapper native-to-managed) <Module>.ContentManagerWrapper.{ctor} (ContentManagerWrapper*) <0x00057>

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at <Module>.ContentManagerWrapper.{ctor} (ContentManagerWrapper*) <0x0006f>
at (wrapper native-to-managed) <Module>.ContentManagerWrapper.{ctor} (ContentManagerWrapper*) <0x00057>
eduardo
Level 2
Level 2

Re: .exe not running

Post by eduardo »

i should also add that this is what im seein in the apps log:

[28-06-2018 @ 23:50]: Couldn't open CONIN$ (5)

[28-06-2018 @ 23:50]: Couldn't open CONOUT$ (5)

thats the info that the "thugpro.log" provides. i have talked to several developers of the mod and one told me that i should be running the game at 32bit, most people that had issues had to download a "plug-in" that would make the game run at x86. since i lack of basic knowledge for handling these things on wineapp, i havent had a good grasp on how to do this by command, although the info is detailed and comprehensive. also im not really sure if the command (WINEARCH/WINEPREFIX) goes in to the terminal of my OS (using macbook) or the "DOS prompt" within the wineapp. thanks so much for reading!
eduardo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by eduardo »

now this is where im at. i dont know if by this stage this is only a thing of the game or something that could be done by simply changing settings or installing anything on wine.

fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv4 not supported in this platform
err:module:import_dll Library d3dxof.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\d3dx9_43.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\users\\EduardoRC\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\THUG Pro\\thugpro.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library d3dxof.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\d3dx9_43.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\users\\EduardoRC\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\THUG Pro\\thugpro.dll") not found

the thugpro.dll is on the folder of the game so maybe the game is not made for wine? thanks for reading.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Did you somehow disable d3dxof? Because that usually exists. You can install it with winetricks though.
eduardo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by eduardo »

i dont think i did but i do remember seeing a bunch of d3dx´s on windows libraries: winecfg/libraries or utilities cant remember the name of the tab right now.