Font Issue in Ys Seven

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Drahcir

Font Issue in Ys Seven

Post by Drahcir »

Hi there,

Recently attempted to play Ys Seven on WINE and I'm running into a font issue. The game's primary font is appearing as boxes as shown below. Other fonts in the game appear as expected.
Picture of the issue
Picture of the issue
Before that, I needed to make use of the staging branch as no fonts were appearing at all. Traced it down to bug #24754, helped by these patches.

Tracing the font output, found that this font is 'FOT-セザンヌ Pro M' AKA 'FOT-CezannePro-M'. Able to locate a copy and installed it but made no difference (although it appears to be bundled with the game anyway). I can see the ID3DXFontImpl_DrawTextW() function is being passed regular readable strings.

Tried making use of the registry font override keys but they didn't appear to have any effect.

Can anyone please advise how I can fix, or further debug, this issue? Should I file a bug report? Hesitant as it's a staging bug, which I'm not sure should be reported, now that the branch is no longer.

Thanks to any replies.