Getting issue with BIOS customise script using WINE

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
contactnagesh

Getting issue with BIOS customise script using WINE

Post by contactnagesh »

Executing command: wine tools/intel/spsFITc.exe -f /home/m5/customize/C220M5-BIOS-3-1-3a-0.BIN -save LBGNC_Full.xml

Got the Below Error:

0009:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
0009:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
0009:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet

Command Line: Z:\home\m5\customize\tools\intel\spsFITc.exe -f /home/m5/customize/C220M5-BIOS-3-1-3a-0.BIN -save LBGNC_Full.xml

Log file written to fit.log

Decomposed PCH Strap Length: 0x8b

Configuration setting detected in image - PCH: LBG Platform: Neon City File system: Purley
0009:fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8777db69) stub

Command Line: Z:\home\m5\customize\tools\intel\spsFITc.exe -f /home/m5/customize/C220M5-BIOS-3-1-3a-0.BIN -save LBGNC_Full.xml

Log file written to fit.log

Error 6: Error writing file. Z:/home/m5/customize/C220M5-BIOS-3-1-3a-0/Decomp/Descriptor Region.bin
Error 29: [FitActions] Unable to decompose region. Z:\home\m5\customize\C220M5-BIOS-3-1-3a-0\Decomp\Descriptor Region.bin
Error 17: [CsmeBinaryGen] Error calling decomposition actions. DescriptorData
Error 22: [CsmeBinaryGen] Error decomposing class. DescriptorData
Error 16: [CsmeBinaryGen] Error Decomposing attribute. DescriptorData
Error 22: [CsmeBinaryGen] Error decomposing class. FlashLayout
Error 16: [CsmeBinaryGen] Error Decomposing attribute. FlashLayout
Error 49: Unable to decompose image.
Error 5010: General error.

Can anyone please help me. We are trying to customise the BIOS. I am completely new to the WINE
dimesio

Re: Getting issue with BIOS customise script using WINE

Post by dimesio »

First a warning: I wouldn't recommend using Wine to run any BIOS tool unless you are comfortable with the possibility of completely bricking the device.
That's not the correct way to run an app from the command line. https://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User%27s_G ... mmand_line

The program may also have to be run as root, which is also not recommended. https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#Should_I_ru ... as_root.3F
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Getting issue with BIOS customise script using WINE

Post by Bob Wya »

@contactnagesh

There is an effort to support mainboard firmware updates natively on Linux.
See: LVFS project.

You must bear in mind that Wine runs in entirely in User Space (including the virtual ntdll kernel and wineserver processes).
Wine simply doesn't have the low-level access privileges to do anything with the system firmware.
So basically you can completely rule out Wine, as being any use to you , for this specific application.

Bob