Maniaplanet crashes at update when 100.7 MB is downloaded

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
drizel

Maniaplanet crashes at update when 100.7 MB is downloaded

Post by drizel »

Hello there,

I just want to install Maniaplanet on Playonlinux on Linux Mint 18.3 MATE x64.
Installation worked so far, but there is a strange thing: When I was downloading the update of Maniaplanet 4, the game crashed when exactly 100.7 MB were downloaded.

Fortunately, I was able to install the whole update yesterday, but when I wanted to update Trackmania Canyon it crashed gain at 100.7 MB.

Today I was able to update (and playing) Canyon but now it want's to crash at the update of Stadium/Valley/Lagoon/Trackmania One...

I am only able to download whole packages that are smaller than 100.7 MB without a crash.

I don't know where this strange behaviour come from...

I really hope you can help me at this problem.

My diagnostic-output:

[05/05/18 16:03:18] - Running wine- ManiaPlanetLauncher.exe (Working directory : /home/lyrotoxicer/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Maniaplanet/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/ManiaPlanet)
GnuTLS error: An unexpected TLS packet was received.
[05/05/18 16:04:51] - Running wine- control (Working directory : /usr/share/playonlinux/python)
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 3.7 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
0029:fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"uxtheme.dll" to L"uxtheme-gtk.dll"
000b:fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"uxtheme.dll" to L"uxtheme-gtk.dll"
000b:fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
0009:fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"uxtheme.dll" to L"uxtheme-gtk.dll"
0009:fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

(control:6859): Gtk-WARNING **: /build/gtk+3.0-8XQQjd/gtk+3.0-3.18.9/./gtk/gtkwidget.c:13181: widget class 'GtkWindow' has no property named 'resize-grip-width'
002f:fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"uxtheme.dll" to L"uxtheme-gtk.dll"
002f:fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
002f:fixme:uxthemegtk:DrawThemeText No color.
0031:fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"uxtheme.dll" to L"uxtheme-gtk.dll"
0031:fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
[05/05/18 16:20:58] - Running wine- ManiaPlanetLauncher.exe (Working directory : /home/lyrotoxicer/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Maniaplanet/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/ManiaPlanet)
[05/05/18 16:22:48] - Running wine- ManiaPlanetLauncher.exe (Working directory : /home/lyrotoxicer/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Maniaplanet/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/ManiaPlanet)
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 3.7 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
0029:fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"uxtheme.dll" to L"uxtheme-gtk.dll"
000b:fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"uxtheme.dll" to L"uxtheme-gtk.dll"
0009:fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"UxTheme.dll" to L"uxtheme-gtk.dll"
0009:fixme:font:get_outline_text_metrics failed to read full_nameW for font L"Ani"!
0009:err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Setting multithreaded command stream to 0x1.
0009:fixme:dxgi:dxgi_output_GetDisplayModeList iface 0x21f968, format DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM_SRGB, flags 0, mode_count 0x32ef6c, desc (nil) partial stub!
0009:fixme:dxgi:dxgi_output_GetDisplayModeList iface 0x21f968, format DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM_SRGB, flags 0, mode_count 0x32ef6c, desc 0x21f9a8 partial stub!
0009:fixme:shell:InitNetworkAddressControl stub
0009:fixme:uxthemegtk:SetWindowTheme (0x3005e, (null), (null))
[05/05/18 16:57:01] - Running wine- ManiaPlanetLauncher.exe (Working directory : /home/lyrotoxicer/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Maniaplanet/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/ManiaPlanet)
0009:fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"UxTheme.dll" to L"uxtheme-gtk.dll"
0009:fixme:font:get_outline_text_metrics failed to read full_nameW for font L"Ani"!
0009:err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Setting multithreaded command stream to 0x1.
0009:fixme:dxgi:dxgi_output_GetDisplayModeList iface 0x21f980, format DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM_SRGB, flags 0, mode_count 0x32ef6c, desc (nil) partial stub!
0009:fixme:dxgi:dxgi_output_GetDisplayModeList iface 0x21f980, format DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM_SRGB, flags 0, mode_count 0x32ef6c, desc 0x21f9c0 partial stub!
0009:fixme:shell:InitNetworkAddressControl stub
0009:fixme:uxthemegtk:SetWindowTheme (0x3005e, (null), (null))

CU Drizel
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Maniaplanet crashes at update when 100.7 MB is downloade

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Can you give us a way to reproduce the problem?
itsalexa

Post by itsalexa »

Do you have enough memory?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

@drizel,

PlayOnLinux isn't support on this website... As it clearly states in the WineHQ FAQ:
8.7 I used a third party application (PlayOnLinux, WineBottler, etc.) to install or manage applications in Wine and need help

Consult the support channels for whatever third party application you used. Links to some of these outside applications are provided as a convenience on the Third Party Applications page, but they are not supported here. Before seeking help on the forum/mailing list/IRC or filing bugs, reinstall your Windows application using plain Wine.
Judging by the amount of commits POL (v4) is receiving just now - it isn't being maintained at all...

Please retest Maniaplanet with the WineHQ packages from: WineHQ Download: Ubuntu.
Without using any third-party Wine wrappers.

Please use the forum Code tags:

Code: Select all

I AM CODE
when posting terminal dumps and terminal commands in your forum posts.

Ta
Bob
drizel

Post by drizel »

I testet wine-stable ones and no wondows game wanted to run, with wine-stable all games used to run quite acceptable (exept Maniaplanet).

Darkshadow44: what do ou mean with repoduceing the Problem?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Instructions on how to make the Problem happen. We don't know any about this, and poking in the dark won't help much.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

drizel wrote:I testet wine-stable ones and no wondows game wanted to run,
If nothing runs that usually means a problem with the wineprefix. Try a clean one, with plain Wine (no POL).
drizel

Post by drizel »

The Problem is now solved for me:

I know that this sounds quite silly, but I bought Project Cars 2 yesterday, which I thought would run via wine (POL), but doesn't wanted to start at all, because "my video card wouldn't support DX11".

And since the last winehq-update, none of my windows games (except Split Second and SpaceEngine) really wants to run. So I decided on my own to switch back to windows and play all my windows games there.

I know you already tried to help me at this problem with Maniaplanet, but I don't like that mess with my windows games on Linux and I just want to play them. I don‘t like to either wait for an future update, where all games could run like they did a couple of weeks ago or try maybe complicate workarounds.

I‘ve put a lot of effort into getting all my windows games running on my Linux Mint System by spendig hours on finding the right settings and components, and now only 2 OF 5 games work correctly…

I hope you understand my decision.

Drizel