configure: libkrb5 32-bit development files not found ..

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
rawfox
Level 3
Level 3

configure: libkrb5 32-bit development files not found ..

Post by rawfox »

Hello,

since couple weeks i cant compile wine32 with kerberos athentication, it will not find the 32bit includes.
I am on Fedora27, building wow64 wine build.

The 64bit part compiles fine, but the 32bit part can not find the includes.
Ive tried both versions of the 32bit krb5-devel packages available but configure can not find the files.

[rawfox@operator wine-32]$ ls /usr/include/krb5
ccselect_plugin.h hostrealm_plugin.h kdcpreauth_plugin.h locate_plugin.h pwqual_plugin.h
certauth_plugin.h kadm5_hook_plugin.h krb5.h plugin.h
clpreauth_plugin.h kdcpolicy_plugin.h localauth_plugin.h preauth_plugin.h

Has anyone an idea how to deal with this problem ?
dimesio

Re: configure: libkrb5 32-bit development files not found ..

Post by dimesio »

Check the config.log to see exactly what it's looking for and not finding.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

rawfox wrote:...

Has anyone an idea how to deal with this problem ?
There was an older version of Wine that would default to -with-gssapi --without-krb5 (version 3.4?) - which is a broken configuration...
If you really need Kerberos support (do you??) - then I'd recommend forcing both these configure flags on.
Wine will fail, the configuration phase, as soon as it cannot find any missing Kerberos components.
Otherwise just turn both these flags off... -without-gssapi --without-krb5 Job done. 8)

Kerberos (and gssapi) support requires both the development headers and the multi-lib Linux library:

Code: Select all

libkrb5.so
which Wine will use at runtime (but checks for at compile-time).

If you are still stuck please post up the full Wine configure log.
Please also provide a dump of what files you have installed - via the MIT Kerberos V fedora package.

Please use the forum Code tags:

I AM CODE
for all terminal output and commands.

Thanks
Bob
rawfox
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rawfox »

Bob Wya wrote:
There was an older version of Wine that would default to -with-gssapi --without-krb5 (version 3.4?) - which is a broken configuration...
If you really need Kerberos support (do you??) - then I'd recommend forcing both these configure flags on.
Wine will fail, the configuration phase, as soon as it cannot find any missing Kerberos components.
Otherwise just turn both these flags off... -without-gssapi --without-krb5 Job done. 8)
Thats exacly the thing, i dont know if games like GTA5 authenticate on what mechanic ? gssapi or kerberos or both ?!
Nontheless i have system32 errors while logging into some games like GTA5 and ArcheAge and had this gut feeling it may be caused by some auth mechanics ..
Excluding gssapi and kerberos indeed does the job for me since these problems came up, so my question:

Do i need gssapi or kerberos to authenticate the login on some games ?

On the other hand there is a lot going on atm.
Not only wine made breathtaking steps ahead, also as you know there is heavy changes in the wine-staging project and this new vulkan thing as well.

Thanks for reply's and cheers, great weather in Germany ^^
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

@rawfox

GTA IV does not require Wine's Kerberos support.
Personally tested the game and I build app-emulation/wine-staging without kerberos support (on Gentoo).
GTA IV runs like a dead turkey... So I wouldn't get too excited about it anyway! (DXVK would probably help...) 8)

Bob
rawfox
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rawfox »

Hi again :)

Yeah i could solve this by excluding kerberos and gssapi from configure, but guess ... im on StarCitizen now and me fears that the launcher needs kerberos to authenticate the gameclient to their persistent universe ..
So again im on this, wine does just not build with this, even if i can provide the headers, well, see yourself, its from configure

checking krb5/krb5.h usability... yes
checking krb5/krb5.h presence... yes
checking for krb5/krb5.h... yes
checking for -lkrb5... not found
configure: error: libkrb5 32-bit development files not found (or too old), Kerberos won't be supported.
This is an error since --with-krb5 was requested.
[rawfox@operator wine-32]$ 
checking for lkrb5 ... any idea ?
I dont know exacly, what to do, me fears there is some broken symlink or nameconflict due to im on Fedora28 and they change things happy ...

The solution to just exclude gssapi and kerberos is still valid, wine builds up nice, but as said, the Star Citizen Launcher seem to base on something like that as it can not install or verify the game and with a game copy from a windows partition, the game works great, but cant join the PU, even if the other multiplayer modules are working.

/shrug .. building wine with kerberos support would be great i guess ^^
ya man, im pretty clueless atm how to bring Star Citizen to full functionallity under wine, its barely bronce ..

Thanks for your support tho !
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

rawfox wrote: checking for lkrb5 ... any idea ?
It's looking for and not finding libkrb5.so. The 32 bit version should be in /usr/lib.
rawfox
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rawfox »

morning, yeah, its there, why cant he find it ?

[rawfox@operator ~]$ ls -l /usr/lib/*krb*
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root      21 14. Jun 23:54 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so -> libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root      21 14. Jun 23:54 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 -> libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root  391076 14. Jun 23:54 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root      14 14. Jun 23:54 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so -> libkrb5.so.3.3
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root      14 14. Jun 23:54 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3 -> libkrb5.so.3.3
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 1043344 14. Jun 23:54 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3.3
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root      21 14. Jun 23:54 /usr/lib/libkrb5support.so -> libkrb5support.so.0.1
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root      21 14. Jun 23:54 /usr/lib/libkrb5support.so.0 -> libkrb5support.so.0.1
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root   70396 14. Jun 23:54 /usr/lib/libkrb5support.so.0.1
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

What about libcom_err-devel.i686? Missing that package turned out to be the problem for a CentOS user. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30349&hilit=libcom_err
rawfox
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rawfox »

dimesio wrote:What about libcom_err-devel.i686? Missing that package turned out to be the problem for a CentOS user. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30349&hilit=libcom_err
O
M
G

Sir you have no idea, how long im searching for an answer on this already.
Indeed i was missing libcom_err-devel.i686 !

This is a potential big deal, loads of people can build 32bit wine only without gssapi and krb5.
Ill keep it in mind and spread the message, take a fishing hard THANK YOU !
rawfox
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rawfox »

Im still curious, how to find the way from that error to the libcom_err thing lib ..
Bring it down to the functions and refer on the web, whats prpoviding it ?!
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

rawfox wrote:Im still curious, how to find the way from that error to the libcom_err thing lib ..
Bring it down to the functions and refer on the web, whats prpoviding it ?!
Basically the way to do it manually, without cheating (e.g. Bing'ing for a quick answer!) is to run the configure script with a verbose shell flag:

bash -vx ./configure
You can supply all the usual options to configure e.g.:

bash -vx ./configure -with-gssapi --with-krb5
Then you hunt through the massive output log for the failing conftest.c snippet you are interested in (for Kerberos support in this case).
Then manually compile this snippet script to see what the exact failure is.
The log will detail the compiler name and flags used to compile the conftest.c snippet.

I think failed conftest.c compilation logs are dumped somewhere (I've just not worked out where exactly) - this would be useful to know!

This is essentially what the OP did in the linked thread about compiling Wine on CentOS (but he made unncessary work for himself by creating a new dummy compile test).

Some distributions (e.g. apparently RHEL, CentOS and Fedora) will decide to split the Wine dependenency packages into further subpackages.
Hence the whole point of the configure script, which is used to workaround these subtle differences in how Linux distributions organise their packaging.

Bob
rawfox
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rawfox »

Obviously cheating is the granny stuff then so ill take that challenge, thanks again for bringing light :)
Ill try that way on the other less relevant missings here, like CUPS for example, im totally in for the learning thing ^^
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

rawfox wrote:Obviously cheating is the granny stuff then so ill take that challenge, thanks again for bringing light :)
Ill try that way on the other less relevant missings here, like CUPS for example, im totally in for the learning thing ^^
If you're interested I'm helping troubleshoot a Gentoo user, who claimed to have issues with my Gentoo Overlay (aka Gentoo repository) Wine packages...
Similar sort of problem with opencl vs the kerberos issue in this thread.
He really has some other system issue, but I'm happy to troubleshoot it down for him (if I can)...

See: Github / bobwya Issue #26: wine-staging fails with opencl USE flag, even though OpenCL works and is installed.

It's still an ongoing / active investigation... 8)

Bob