Godfather 2 help post

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
nickblast29

Godfather 2 help post

Post by nickblast29 »

I recently bought a Disc copy of godfather 2, and i cannot even install, i get through all of the DX11 installation, then it says the "source file is not found" i'm using elementary os, and wine-staging, i'm pretty lost here at why this one won't work but the first godfather game (also a cd) won't :(
nickblast29

Re: Godfather 2 help post

Post by nickblast29 »

No help, anyone? This is happening for the Saboteur as well :(
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Godfather 2 help post

Post by Bob Wya »

nickblast29 wrote:I recently bought a Disc copy of godfather 2, and i cannot even install, i get through all of the DX11 installation, then it says the "source file is not found" i'm using elementary os, and wine-staging, i'm pretty lost here at why this one won't work but the first godfather game (also a cd) won't :(
Sentences... They are good!!

"i'm pretty lost here at why this one won't work but the first godfather game (also a cd) won't"
Que? If you're also asking help for the Godfather I - then probably best to do that in a separate thread...
Let's stick to troubleshooting one application at a time...

You're using Wine Staging... What version? If it's not Wine Staging 3.4 then you'll need to upgrade...

Can you post a terminal log, with:

Code: Select all

export WINEDEBUG=+timestamp,+tid,+wgl
wine setup.exe &>~/wine_wgl_log.txt                  # >>>> replace the executable name - with whatever the actual game installer is called... <<<<
See: WineHQ FAQ: 10.1.1 How can I get a debugging log (a.k.a. terminal output)?

Please use the forum Code tags:

Code: Select all

I AM CODE
for terminal commands and blocks of terminal output.

Thanks,
Bob