Numeric rounding error - QuickBooks 7.1

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Circlotron2
Level 1
Level 1

Numeric rounding error - QuickBooks 7.1

Post by Circlotron2 »

Using wine 3.0-rc1
Haven been using QuickBooks 7.1 on wine for 4 years and for quite a while it has been good. About 1 or 2 months ago I started noticing that when filling out the columns for an invoice, in the QTY column if I type the integer value 5 the value 5.00001 is inserted. If I type anything with a decimal portion greater than 0.5 e.g 11.6 or 35.7 then the values 42,961.27297 and 42,985.37297 respectively appear instead of the typed in values. 4.99999 typed in will give 5 but 4.9999 gives 42,954.67287.

Trying to run from terminal to look for error messages but it looks in the wrong place

me@my-pc ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intuit/QuickBooks $ wine qbw.exe
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\qbw.exe"

Any ideas?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Numeric rounding error - QuickBooks 7.1

Post by Bob Wya »

@Circlotron2

If your application creates a .lnk Windows file - that's the best place to check the executable path...
E.g. for the Ubisoft Uplay Launcher - using the Unix strings utility to parse the binary file:

Code: Select all

cd "${WINEPREFIX:-${HOME%/}/.wine}/drive_c/users/${USER}/Desktop/"
strings "Uplay.lnk" | egrep '^C:'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Uplay.exe
So:

wine start 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Uplay.exe'
is a pretty sure bet!

See: WineHQ Wiki: Wine User's Guide: 3.1.1 How to run Windows programs from the command line.

RE: the problem you are experiencing... Generally the only effective way to troubleshoot issues like that - is to run a Regression Test.
See: WineHQ Wiki: Regression Testing.

Feel free to post some terminal output here as well - I'll take a look at that as well.

Just please ensure you use the forum Code:

Code
tags for terminal output and commands you've typed in.

Ta
Bob
Circlotron2
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Circlotron2 »

Hi Bob.
Thanks for that. Right after I posted I reluctantly upgraded from 3.0-rc1 to 3.0-rc6 and that seems to have fixed the problem. I wanted to wait for the proper 3.0 release but it still hasn't arrived. Not going to compile from source because the last time I did that it broke the sound. Easier to just use the update manager. I'm getting old... ;-)
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

np ... Stay young - run Gentoo. Then you're always compiling! 8)

Bob