General Purpose Setup for Unity Based Games?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Haravikk
Level 1
Level 1

General Purpose Setup for Unity Based Games?

Post by Haravikk »

I'm trying to setup WINE environments for several Unity-based games that aren't currently in the AppDB; unfortunately this hasn't gone well so far, they all crash out at whichever stage they first begin to display anything in-engine. So for some this means they crash at the first menu screen if they have a fancy in-engine backdrop, while others will do it as soon as you try to load up a level.

Since these, and other games, are based on the same Unity engine, I assume that similar steps should work for all of them. So what I'm wondering is; does anyone have a set of steps (e.g- winetricks installs) that they know work well with other Unity games, or can link to a Unity game that's already in the AppDB with good setup instructions?

And yes, I know that Unity can build games natively for Mac and Linux, and I'll keep petitioning developers to do so, but in the meantime I'm stuck with Windows-only ports that run great natively, and horribly under virtualisation, so I'd love to try them under WINE if I can.
wildtux
Level 3
Level 3

Re: General Purpose Setup for Unity Based Games?

Post by wildtux »

If it can help. I've played Interstellar Marines under Unity in both Wine and native Steam.

There some little bugs on Wine, but it work great and more bright than in Linux native client.
Note: I use a 64bits prefix for this, better in my own view.