I have a 60 hz screen, so I know I can only see 60 frames / second. But running a game at higher fps reduces input lag. However, I know someone with a 144hz screen, and he can run OW on linux at 144 fps, so it is possible to go higher then 60 with DX11. It does feel however that it will not allow you to go higher then your refresh rate.
So does anyone know how I can remove the cap of 60 fps while using DX11 in Wine?
Some added information:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- I have an NVidia GTX 970, and use binary drivers.
- VSync is off
- In Xorg.conf I disabled triplebuffer (that I normally use), forcecompositionpipeline etc is not enabled.
- Tried various window managers, and even running without a window manager at all.
- Tried to set "ForceRefreshRate" registry key, does nothing, even if I put it lower then 60.
I'm out of ideas, so I'm hoping someone here knows more,
- I have a Dell UH2713hm connected with Display Port
- I also have 2x old 1600x1200 screens, 2x Samsung Syncmasters 213T connected via DVI-D
- Setting my screen to 1280x1024, I'm able to set 75hz. I'm still stuck at 60 fps max then.
- However!! When I disable the 2 smaller screens, I can get 75 fps ingame on 1280x1024@75 hz. Still display based.
So I know I can get higher with DX11 aswell. Just not higher to what my display refresh rate is.