Failed to change to directory '/home/user/.wine/dosdevices/

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Mago90

Failed to change to directory '/home/user/.wine/dosdevices/

Post by Mago90 »

I installed PSPP 1.0.1, a free alternative to SPSS, using Wine 2.17 on Lubuntu 16.04.2.

Everything installed fine but when I try to run it I get: "Failed to change to directory '/home/marco/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/PSPP2/HOMEPATH' (No such file or directory)"

How can I solve this?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Failed to change to directory '/home/user/.wine/dosdevic

Post by Bob Wya »

Mago90 wrote:I installed PSPP 1.0.1, a free alternative to SPSS, using Wine 2.17 on Lubuntu 16.04.2.

Everything installed fine but when I try to run it I get: "Failed to change to directory '/home/marco/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/PSPP2/HOMEPATH' (No such file or directory)"

How can I solve this?
  • What directory are you in before you run the Wine command?

Code: Select all

pwd
  • What command did you use to run the PSPP application?
Bob
Mago90

Post by Mago90 »

@ Bob Wya I run it from /home/myusername

I have it on my wine menu so I click on Wine->Programs->PSPP.

On Lubuntu to start the linux version (older than windows' one) I do 'psppire', but with WINE I usually run programs from the menu.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Mago90 wrote:...
I have it on my wine menu so I click on Wine->Programs->PSPP.
On Lubuntu to start the linux version (older than windows' one) I do 'psppire', but with WINE I usually run programs from the menu.
@Mago90

If you're trying to troubleshoot issues with Wine - you've got to start your application from a terminal window.
See WineHQ User's Guide: 3.1.1 How to run Windows programs from the command line ...
Nothing wrong with using .desktop shortcuts, for applications running under Wine - but that's only any use if they're actually working!

Bob
Mago90

Post by Mago90 »

Just a little update, the issue regarded only when launching pspp from the menu. Clicking on the program from its location works.